Unpopular opinion thread

my point exactly

1 Like

How are you and @Draig ?

2 Likes

For some itā€™s mustardā€¦I get it. Personal preferenceā€¦ plus- some countries didnā€™t HAVE ā€˜tomato ketchupā€™ like 40 years agoā€¦so itā€™s new/weirdā€¦
Ketchup USED to mean almost any condiment sauce with a vegetable and vinegar baseā€¦and originated as Asian fish sauce ! Tomato stuck and became an American Favorite.
When I lived in Germany, you couldnā€™t get it for your fries- and I learned the joy of fries with mayo!

3 Likes

Miracle whip is NOT Mayo!
It is Salad Dressing-- even says so on the label!
Can NOT be substituted for mayo in recipeā€™s without COMPLETELY changing the results!!
:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Hanging in thereā€¦Draig is not doing real well- and has to see a neurologist next weekā€¦ will keep everyone posted! Thanks for asking!Itā€™s why he hasnā€™t been on much. :green_heart:

6 Likes

East asian fish sauce is believed to have derived from a roman fish sauce called garum. The roman empire was trading pretty extensively with Han china and other kingdoms along the silk road. Itā€™s believed noodles and pasta came from the east into rome.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear this. Prayers and positive healing vibes heading his way!

3 Likes

Oh I know. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that about a og family member. I will pray for @Draig . for a quick recovery. My thoughts & prayers will be with him. :pray:.:pray:.:pray:.:green_heart:.

4 Likes

Unpopular opinion, there should be a manners police, whose jurisdiction encompasses things that arent illegal but are rude. Mostly made up of fed up older ladies who can tase you and shame you.

Who go around and ensure people arent blaring music from speakers in public places, arent offensively smelly, arent speaking rudely in public ie swearing around kids, talking sexually around those who arent comfortable. Ensure people say please and thank you, stand appropriately so they arent blocking routes or invading others space when possible, eating in a proper way, smile more and mean mug less. Make sure passive aggressive people cant hide behind the rules. So many things

Lots more i am not thinking

2 Likes

They would need to be on speed all the time, theyā€™d be so busy! :joy:

3 Likes

You didnā€™t say please and thank you.

2 Likes

Heā€™s twitching on the floor as we speak from being tazed :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

You should post that article on ā€œBanterā€ Please and thank you ā€œshit assā€. Thatā€™s from Reservation Dogs

2 Likes

I am the manners police. Stop! In the name of all that is decent!

3 Likes

Punish me (presents ass for tasering)

1 Like

You seem remorseful so Iā€™ll just give you a politeness warning this time. But youā€™ll have to be nice for the rest of the week.

1 Like

(Wiggles ass)

I didnt say please punish me, so that should be a tasering.

Thank you

2 Likes

Iā€™m not some kind of taser dominatrix. Just a humble civil servant trying to keep the peace.

2 Likes

Justice for my ass

Thank you

2 Likes