Using TOR to buy seeds

Follow up on Current legit breeders and those to be weary of? :

Website works for me with multiple browsers, VPN outlets and via TOR. Maybe check your VPN or proxy.

He does have the store part shut down for the time being while he recoups after some major family trauma the last few months. I believe he’s going to bring the store part of the website back online in a couple/few weeks.

6 Likes

VPN to buy beans…

That’s why when I put in the PW it brings me to a coming soon page.

1 Like

maybe he doesn’t want his ISP peeping what he’s browsing… there’s a million reasons to use VPN, haha.

3 Likes

I use a VPN and/or TOR to do everything, and adblockers / scriptblockers. I’ve even implemented an adblocking routine at the router level blocking all traffic to/from known ad servers. I don’t like my data being bought and sold, so I try to create as little of it as possible, like @iamyou_youareme indicated. :heart:

It’s OK if you feel different; please don’t ridicule others for being different from you.

10 Likes

Who’s ridiculing?

Only reason I brought up the VPN for beans aspect is, don’t you normally give your address or an address near by for the delivery?

No hate, only love.

2 Likes

I for one wouldn’t rely on tor or vpn’s, check out how many drug busts, prostitution rings, etc … have been busted using those applications, yes, any government can track you using those apps (packages, .deb, etc)

I would not recommend anything microsoft.

Microsoft free since 1994

2 Likes

I’ve been told any TOR downloads the average person can even find these days has been compromised.

You should only download TOR directly from the creators (https://www.torproject.org/)

I would not trust any TOR mobile app (Especially on Android phones), unless it has the explicit blessing of the TOR project.

There are waaay too many mobile TOR apps out there that look highly suspicious. probably built by hackers and totally compromised.

1 Like

It actually don’t matter where you get.

Windows has their version, BSD has their version, Linux has their version, then linux goes debian has theirs, arch has theirs, Ubuntu etc …

I would recommend GitHub - torproject/tor: unofficial git repo -- report bugs/issues/pull requests on https://gitlab.torproject.org/ -- instead

or

apt update; apt install tor --install-recommends --assume-yes

to remove

apt purge $(dpkg -l | awk ‘/tor*/{ print $2 }’)

You shouldn’t have any of this including facebook, instagram, whatsapp, etc on a phone period!! (if you want privacy)

2 Likes

Not working for me either…

1 Like

Yep, looks like he took down even that part. I’m sorry for his family struggles, and I hope time heals all wounds. He’s been a good & long-standing member of the community, and I wish him well.

2 Likes