Uva and uvb advice

The ones I’m looking at have uva and uvb.

The ones I linked have both too. Flourescents always have a large band they produce. Leds are more fine tuned.

Well I’m using a 4x6.5ish space. Thats why I want more dispersion than a single fixture. I feel like a 365 nm is going to illicit a fairly good response, not as good as uvb though.

1 Like

I was looking at rapid leds uv pucks but they are always sold out
Maybe that’s a good thing

1 Like

41tSmqVRPNL.AC_SY450

So main peak around 315ish, peak at 365ish, peak at 390ish.

1 Like

I have the far red pucks. They have a UV one now too? Not just the strips?

Careful with the FR pucks, some strains react great, some stretch insanely from that 10 mins at the end of the day

1 Like

Yes it’s just like the far red.
I was worried about covered with it.
Agromax also has a 4ft bulb.
My space is close to same size as yours

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve been very tempted to take apart one of my old HTG fixtures just to use it as a base to make a monster uv blaster. Buy all 45 chips I would need, switch them out on the heatsink/pcb and put a new driver in it. Basically because I could put an even amount of assorted nm’s.

1 Like

Rapid led puts alot of R&D into their products. Did you notice its 390-400nm? Pure UVA

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that

2 Likes

I’m going to attach it to my HPS hood, which is 2 feet across, and having a 2 footer on either side of the hood.

also, for anyone looking at UVB LED Chips, they arnt strong enough at the distance you put your lights.
a LED UVB chip needs to be about, no more then 6-8 inches away. whereas a floro can be 15-20 inches away and push out more uvb then the chip

2 Likes

I kinda want to try and make an array with these. I don’t think I’d have too much of a problem with intensity. Like 2 of each, run them at 75 w total, keep temps low and boost efficiency.

I’m not super technical in building LEDs though, I’m the first to admit

1 Like

once again, not the right spectrum. you want 280-315, those chips are blacklight chips.

and even the 280 is hard to reach with glass. you will probally be more in the 295-305 range for starting out

1 Like

Stupid expensive

4 Likes

now we’re talkin

and yes, very expensive, and not very strong for what the cost is

also looking at those chips you don’t want to get into UVA territory, so the chip you would want is the 310nm

this wouldn’t even cover 1 plant

2 Likes

Much better priced

2 Likes

That would work, but why spend that kind of money for LED (which I would assume for the amount of chips needed to cover the area, would probably be about 600w of just UVB chips.) when you could go for something like a 2 or 4 foot T5 and cover more area, less power, less money?

2 Likes

Well, I personally see a difference with and without added uva, rapid led is using 390-400nm.

I already get some uv from my other led fixtures and my cmh. I really feel that I get a benefit by using something as simple as the 390-405nm led bar I was using, without going to that deep into uvb territory. I can spend 60 bucks and make a project out of converting an old blurple led into a uva 365-400nm blaster, half for fun and half to benefit my grow. And it’ll be an excuse to learn up on building led stuff

For those looking to deep dive (downloadable PDF):

8 Likes

I have a couple of problems with these chips, how is output measured? and why are they always “last one”?

I found these but in the 10.0 option.

Prices range from $25 to $65 ebay.

2 Likes