Uva and uvb advice

It’s to keep bots from buying out the stock

If you message him and tell him you need a few for a garden, he will probably let you buy in bulk.

heres his acct szajus5 on eBay

2 Likes

UVR8 receptor reacts to 285nm wavelength and creates an almost Emerson-like effect, making the Chla and Chlb more efficient. The emitters are God awful expensive though. At a high enough radiometric output though, you shouldn’t need many for a 4x4. Maybe 2.

2 Likes

Re: last post

Decent little emitter.
Luminus XST-3535-UV-A60-CE280-01

2 Likes

This is my plan with the 2x 2 footer uvb I got.

2 Likes

I think the cheapest option for a 4x4 would be 2 of AgroMax Pure UV T5 Bulb in 2 HO T5 fixtures… a 4 pack of the bulbs is 70.43$ and 38$ for a 2 pack of t5 HO fixtures from amazon. So looking at like 110$ for some good UV coverage.

3 Likes

So,
what’s the name of that strain, Red Bud Beefsteak?
:tomato:

2 Likes

its a graph, grow the beefsteak, cut off a shoot, graph a cannabis shoot on it. get your tomatoes and your weed all in one!

2 Likes

5600k vs UVB

8 Likes

really good

1 Like

In the next couple of days I’m going to build the frame that will hold the UVB lights to the HPS hood.

I got the lumber and the misc stuff. Just need to so some measurements and make some cuts.

1 Like

Currently in the process of making the UVB hangers off the HPS hood

as you can tell, im far from a master carpenter, but itll do, the uvb reflectors weigh like 6 oz each

… and done

5 Likes

What sort of run-time do you have set for those agromax pure uv bulbs daily?

I’m going to start at 15 mins every hour for 5 hours mid light cycle

if thats too much ill back it off to 3 hours

1 Like

your mistake was in the Uv b, you can run it for 4 to 6 hours max, Uv a you can run it the full flower cycle, Uv c gets used ONLY 2 mins in the flower cycle each day

3 Likes

Uva is black light, and it has minimal effect on cannabis. Uvb is what plants protect against, hence the trichrome amp up. Uvc very bad to use, use for infestations and in limited amounts.

Uva does help some but not enough to really matter.

Most uvb bulbs have a good amount of uva, which would be enough for the plant, if you want to add black lights you can run it. I just don’t think you’ll get much of anything except maybe slowed growth.

1 Like

I go by scientific research, we don’t get UVc here in atmosphere, we get UVa Na UVb, and even in greenhouses we don’t get the UVb because gets filtered, i tested already UVa and saw differences in results, i used itnin Veg and whole flower too, and yes, th added blue as most uv still in blue spectrum, didn’t see any slowing in veg evennin flower either, but next run i will use it at beginning of week 3 of flower to the end,
NOTE even in veg plants started to show nice pronounced smells like they were in flower already

2 Likes

like chlorophyll?

Yes there is UVA in higher demands in natural sunlight. UVA is also given off by metal halide and doesn’t require supplementation. As for LED, 99% of the time you’re not getting UVB LED’s on your board, your getting IR and UVA.

So while yes UVA does help, 9x out of 10 your already getting enough of it from your lights.

We know for a fact that UVB causes the plant to trigger a response to protect itself from “sunburn”, and you don’t get a sunburn from UVA. UVC will cause that sunburn in a matter of seconds. UVB in high demands and strong outputs not only will cause the plants to burn excessively, but also could reduce the yield and could burn off the trichomes you’re trying to buff up.

If UVA works for you, keep doing it. I just want to make sure that people don’t use UVA only and expect UVB results.

Edit, random thoughts: I wonder if it would be possible to make a strobe light that was UVC and went to strobe like once every 5 mins or so.

3 Likes

No not chlorophyll, actual flower smell, and yes UVa gives the plant Sun Bunr i saw it myself already in 2 Grows, as i stated both work, one is more harmful than the other, reason you don run UVa or UVb same amount of time, was my point, lednuv diodes the UVa ones last same amount of hours as the Samsung H ones , the UVb ones last only 5000 hours and you run UVb for 4 to 6 hours more than that start to get detrimental to the plant and not inna positive way tha is the outcome we are searching by increasing the potency of those spectrum bands

2 Likes

Cool, doing way less here. ~1hour total a day. Your plan will motivate me to do another bump up in time, you be safe with the sun burns though! Vegging with UV?

naw no vegging with uv, i tried it for a week and noticed slower growth, so i turned it off, once i see some trichomes starting to form ill turn it on

1 Like