Uvc system for powder mildew

I keep getting powdery mildew multiple tents there newer, I always clean in between grows,but lately I’ve been getting powdery mildew.Never had it in 4 years of growing,I try to kill used the baking soda and dawn,sulfur,trifecta,neem oil and it just keeps coming back, I live in mass and my Temps are a bit chilly at night but never had a problem any other winter,I was looking on amazon at these uvc cleaning machine it runs every 30 min sucking all the air in and the bulbs are inside,they jave a couple air purifiers would thos help possibly?,wondering of pm resistant strains?

4 Likes

I use a ozon generator for the room,tents,pots etc & micronized sulfur as a spray during veg.
No more PM :facepunch:

Here you’ll find tons of knowledge :

8 Likes

Have you tried using H0Cl? It’s been a game-changer in my garden for PM and budrot since I got a generator online and a fogger.

The fogger is a bonus.

4 Likes

Could be that you are somehow reintroducing the mold after you are cleaning.
Is the powdery mildew present elsewhere nearby outside of the tent?
Houseplants for example.

3 Likes

Expensive waste of time, yes go for it. Whatever you do, don’t fix the nutrition problem that’s sending out the “eat me I’m trash” signal to nature.

That’s just the signal you are sending. Right @HeadyBearAdventures
Second troll post in 15 min.

8 Likes

You beat me to it.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Pigeonman H0ci what’s that?

1 Like

Powdery mildew spores are 1-3 microns in size (unseen by the naked eye). It is one of the most formidable airborne foes for indoor growing environments.
Powdery Mildew - the hepa grade air purifiers can catch microns much smaller thinking of getting one tmrw on sale on Amazon,also a oscillating fan for next grow key is air movement

Hydrochlorous Acid

1 Like

Sorry hypochlorous *

1 Like

What is HOCl?

Quick Facts * HOCl is the scientific formula for hypochlorous acid, a weak acid similar to that of a mild citrus juice.

• HOCl is made naturally by white blood cells in all mammals for healing and protection.
  • HOCl is a powerful oxidant that is effective against invading bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
  • Generating HOCl by running electricity through a solution of saltwater was discovered in 1970s.
  • HOCl is now used in healthcare, food safety, water treatment, and general sanitation.

https://hocl.com/

4 Likes

How did the generator help? and is this only for cleaning your tent between grows or is it a fogger for active PM problems?,I have a diffuser,can I just get some of that hypclorus acid in that?

let’s me make 1l of H0Cl in minutes using tap-water + kosher salt + vinegar

Yes and Yes! Outdoors I fogged the shit out of my plants and no PM. The with the 1x cultivar that did have PM as I shouldn’t have grown it outdoors in my area in the 1st place (not resistant), I defoliated all the major fans, and then H0Cl the shit out of it every 3 days. No issues until harvest.

I don’t see why not. I was using a 5L pump sprayer until I invested into a Fogmaster Jr.

All the best @Patriots781 !

1 Like

@Patriots781
Read this one.

1 Like

Why not a citrus, plants enjoy a vitamin C boost. I have used acetic acid when I needed to lower ph Doubts on UV as it works only on very top surface with little penetration. like probably only a couple microns

1 Like

What’s your RH been like? Maybe you need a dehumidifier to stay ahead of excess moisture allowing it to come back. In fact, besides a good chemical cleaning, if you can drop the RH and run a heater in that room, get under 30% RH and like 85-90° for a long enough period, that should help nuke everything

But again I’d circle back to checking your overall humidity

If you’re having continuous wpm consider investing in an AirROS machine from sage industries. It produces Reactive Oxygen Species that kills wpm and spores in the air and on surfaces. You can even turn the machine up and sterilize the tent between grows.

I love mine, worth the money.

I looked hoci up, I can just buy it and use my sprayer or may use the fogger recommended.It sounds like ingredients in dr zymes,also i have trifecta alot of citric acids, it seems there’s alot of endless equipment like a black hole lol,I had not one problem for years with the hps, now it seems ever since i switched to leds lol im getting problems with everything while playing god with the plants lol,my humidity is very low I’m in mass its been drifting from 35 to highest maybe 50 humidity my day time Temps 75-78 but can jack it up,nighttime in the not below 63 outside my tent ,I usually set my flower schedule so the lights are on at night and during the day off because of less temp fluctuations,but then again it happened during the midst of summer in a completely different room,I’d like to find some solid PM resistant cultivars,and also looking into other crops to grow alongside like a certain type of ivy kills it,also ladybugs? More for outdoors, but I think alot had to do with my airflow in the beginning, so I bought some new oscillating tent fans for next grow on Amazon,micronized sulfur for the future as well just have to run these hepa air filters just to stay on defense,as I said I never had PM but now know why it sucks so bad