Vernal's Basement Follies

Where is the Pine? I too seek the green “piney” weed.

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Everything has pinene, but nothing seems to have JUST pinene.

I’ll keep looking until I find it.

4 Likes

Bandaid Haze IX 3.0 male, from clone, been in there probably 20 days. I had 3 confirmed males from the pack, and I kept 2. The pictured one was the favorite, he’s shorter than any of his sisters, he’s sticky to the touch, vigorous, and the smelliest male, but beside that, he was also the most aesthetically pleasing; emerald color, pretty growth habit, easy as pie to clone. He has just started dropping pollen.

The other male is even more broadleaf dominant, and was the least stretchy and widest leaves of any of the plants in the pack. He does throw fully developed flowers in 16/8 veg and smells less strong than the other male. He also looks like he’d go fully purple at the first opportunity. Most of the bandaid plants also show purpling, but I am not trying to breed towards that if possible. He’s just around in case the first male was sterile for any reason.

15 Likes

That’s a nice looking male. I’d be using that pollen too, if I had one like that. Great job with that one! Never tried Band-aid Haze, but it sounds pretty good. I have tried some Kiona Piff my kid brought me, which was excellent. Still have about six joints of it in a jar somewhere. If that’s related, then I’m extremely envious :smile:

5 Likes

That’s a nice looking male. Very nicely shaped clusters too.

5 Likes

Kiona’s Uptown Piff is in fact Bandaid Haze #7, Doc D’s selected cut from the F1 generation. The Bandaid Haze #7 is also the mother of my male.

10 Likes

Oh, damn… Yeah, I’m jealous :wink:

Great job, looks fantastic!

5 Likes

Bandaid Haze IX 3.0 male, from clone, about 5 weeks in bloom. Dropping an immense amount of pollen. I don’t know why I grew this male out so large, this guy is big enough to practically seed an acre haha. An issue I noticed is that the pollen is extremely fine and light, compared to past experiences. I tried to collect some but it blows away even in a still room, like puffball mushroom spores, more of a vapor than anything I can collect. I’m noticing bracts swelling on all plants, and pistils shriveling, so something is happening here.

I’ll probably run this male another week or so. I tossed the other male in too, so a smaller portion of the seeds will be from a different father, keep the line more diverse.

Here’s the seed gals and guys. The Bandaid and Haley plants in the back are probably at 6 weeks, TK x G13HP at 5 weeks, and the Christmas Bud is probably at 3 weeks.

6 weeks to go til harvest.

17 Likes

How is the Haley smelling?

4 Likes

Very similar to Bandaids, at the moment. Floral, soapy, old lady perfume, incense.

6 Likes

Here’s the seed plants! 3-ish weeks to go. Killed the males, everything is looking 100% seeded.

Haley smells insane. Like the Bandaid Haze but darker, more leathery, mustier. Less floral/soapy notes. Reeks ferociously. Structure is worse than Bandaid, but it has other merits.

Got a new hood. I had been using a small cheap Sun Star (got a great deal on it), switched to a Yield Master that’s twice the size (the reflectors I had used in the past). I was wondering why my yields weren’t quite where I wanted them to be, I think a lot of it had to do with my inefficient reflector and poor light coverage.

I love SE HPS but the reflector is important, larger reflectors also reduce airflow on the bulb itself, allowing the buIb to run at a higher temperature, which is more efficient. Larger square reflectors seem to put more light straight down rather than at a wide angle. I wanted a 6" Blockbuster which is even bigger, but they seem to be discontinued.

15 Likes

Very good looking male!!

4 Likes

looks like you’ll have a couple of beans to spare.

-GH

4 Likes

:point_up::point_up:…yeah what he said…lol

1 Like

Might do like a server fund donation thing if there’s interest with a dozen packs or so.

9 Likes

There was mention about an auction in Feb as a fund raiser.

-GH

3 Likes

TK x G13HP #3 (keeper cut) about 52 days or so, fully seeded. Male flowers just stuck right to it, very tacky resin. Extremely dank OG kush type smell on a G13HP structure. Beautiful plant, lucky to have her. For many people this would “check all the boxes” though it is rather leafy, then again it’s so frosty only a light trim is necessary.

Hailey Piff. Man does this plant stink. Leathery dank basement incense. Fully seeded at 60 days or so. Floppy like trainwreck. I hate floppiness but this is so lovely. Have a big one in veg to replace the seeded gal.

19 Likes

What Male you hit them with

2 Likes

Doc D’s Bandaid Haze IX 3.0.

This male was shorter, lime green, and the smelliest.

Females this round were Bandaid Haze (2 plants), the Hailey cut, Triangle Kush x '88 G13/HP, '88 G13/HP, '79 Christmas Bud, and Mordida (Nierika Acapulco Gold x Nierika Zipolite Oaxacan).

the Mordida x Bandaid will be too tropical for most people to grow. Hailey x Bandaid and Bandaid F2 will be appreciated by most haze enthusiasts; real funeral home/church smell.

[(TK x G13HP) x Bandaid Haze] is a copy of Doc D’s “Black Bobo”. That will probably be the “dankest” of the crosses. Doc D’s TK x G13HP is different than mine however. His looks more Triangle Kush dominant, mine favors the father’s side. Different '88 G13/HP male, too. His is from Bodhi stock, mine is from Farmer Joe. Though, they are very similar. Same mother, father from same inbred line.

'79 Christmas Bud and '88 G13/HP crosses are both pure old-time inbred Afghan lines, which should dramatically shorten stretch and reduce flower time a couple weeks, with an extra side vigor. '88 G13HP smells like skunky hairspray, 79 Christmas Bud smells like lemony hash and spice. These are seriously inbred plants, each plant sorta looks like a copy of the other, and vigor is very low. Not something you’d grow for anything other than breeding material, but I expect neat results from the pairing, especially the Christmas Bud x Bandaid.

15 Likes

I got docs headbanger f2’s
Bshb f2
Chocolate trip f2’s

Joey’s yo momma f2’s
Black Afghani f2’s
And Mutter

6 Likes