Vertical farming @Ttystikk

Always seems like more work to be had. Looks like you are making up for lost time growing.

Tomorrow I will be building more lights. The plants I have in bloom are going through 5 gal a day. I have not had the time to finish installing the humidifier on my furnace yet and I am in no hurry. The house has been holding about 40% humidity so far. It is a good thing I do not have any smelly plants.

2 Likes

There’s a school of thought out there that holds 40% RH is fine.

5 gallons? I ran a sealed room with 10kW of lights that filled a 32 gallon barrel with distilled water from the WCAH every other day, like clockwork.

And I wanna do it again!

3 Likes

Merry Christmas to all and to all a fat cola!

2 Likes

Getting a clone zone set up.

6 Likes

@bunny tell me about the lights you’re building?

2 Likes

Here is where I hang my head in shame. I have bought dollar Store light bulbs, smacked them around a little and mounted the circuit board on industrial aluminum curtain rails. One thing missing from the post below is I insulated the live section of the modules with a dab of silicone, otherwise you could touch 120V.

Bunny's Mad Misshapes. (CBD with a sprinkling of other adventures) - #12 by bunny

It was suppose to be just for a veg tent but then I needed a quick set of lights for some extra plants, and again, after a time I just went with them. They were a buck a bulb for a 14W, they have gone up to $1.50 now though. Other than the heat shrink tubing and bulbs they did not cost me anything. As prices have gone down on leds since I made my first one I may have gone a different way if I started all over today.

3 Likes

That’s budget growing, love it! We gotta make light somehow.

Long, long ago, I raided my local Habitat for Humanity for bathroom fixtures and put several of them on wooden strips, railroad tie style. Then I screwed CFL bulbs in. 25 for the 5x5 and 24 for the 4x6 lol

I also built my own circular light mover for a 1000W HPS from a mountain bike, a windshield wiper motor assembly from a Honda Civic and some odds and ends. It worked awesome!

9 Likes

Anybody seen a fat guy with a fresh shave? He left his beard here…

8 Likes

My custom RDWC system;

4 Likes

A random pic from back in the day.

This wall of Jillybean was 6’ tall, 4’ wide and about 16" thick. She yielded 32.5oz dry:

7 Likes

Doing hard time in trim jail.

1 Like

We used to pull half a dozen of these about every 12 days or so, over 1/2 lb a day average. From just 600ft² total.

3 Likes

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! To a better year than the last!

1 Like

@OldUncleBen @DougDawson have a look at what I’m up to and let me know what you think?

2 Likes

Filled up the cloner, ever hopeful.

3 Likes

Hey bud, Happy New Years.

3 Likes

Well done! You always were a fine grower.

3 Likes

And to you, sir!

1 Like

Thanks, man. Coming from you, that’s high praise.

2 Likes

And the next generation is rooting nicely!

5 Likes