Vertical farming @Ttystikk

Not Vertical but here’s 3 girls in their new home.

7 Likes

And here’s some in veg on trellis panels, huzzah!

And what the roots look like:

7 Likes

Nice color on the roots they are looking healthy, that’s for sure!

1 Like

They’re growing like crazy too.

2 Likes

For all the interest here, you’d think everyone does it this way.

8 Likes

Flatlander ScrOG one week into bloom;

7 Likes

Applaud the problem solving DIY skills. I am a big fan of scog and the efficient use of space. I have thought about vertical in the past and it is nice to see actual in progress pics.

1 Like

Hey growther, thanks for the kind words!

There’s a lot of moving parts here, not all of which are visible at first glance.

The RDWC system I’m using is fully modular and infinitely reconfigurable. It uses 1" bulkhead fittings and 1" flexible tubing rather than those fucking press fit grommets for PVC. Waterfalls in the top of every site optimise aeration, churn and mixing throughout the system, eliminating any need for air stones.

Water cooled air handlers deal with both excess heat and humidity in one shot, and are substantially more efficient than straight AC.

I’ve developed my own breed of water cooled LED that’s integrated into the system for even more performance and efficiency.

Vertical panels holding plants grown in netpots and RDWC are fully portable, meaning that instead of tying up expensive and valuable bloom room space for a veg cycle, every space in the facility can be custom designed for just one stage of the plants’ development, again optimising space and energy efficiency.

The plan is to prove the system’s capability to produce a pound of finished flower a day, every day, from just 600ft² of floor space, including all stages of veg.

3 Likes

That sounds like you have put a lot of time into the details to fine tune your setup. It would be interesting to have a more in depth photo tour of your RDWC setup at some point. I am sure it would be useful info for a lot of people here. I was playing with DWC 20yrs ago and am amazed at the advances since then.
Efficiency of space is something a lot of people should pay more attention to as a way to make the most of their runs where numbers are limited.
EL-BO a day is a lofty goal. Can’t wait to see it in action.

4 Likes

@DougDawson hey man, I don’t know what that dude’s problem is. Do you know why he’s on your case?

Hey bud, I sure do. I mean first off he has some mental health issues. I had never had a bad word with the guy, knew him on RIU and than had him join our Discord server. One day I posted a pic of PPP on Discord. It was when everyone was talking about the seed box going missing. Than Badger, who I had never spoken to prior, posted the same pic on his thread when they were speaking of purple buds. He someone thought this was a conspiracy and left Discord saying people were talking outside the site. We were all confused but it’s his call. Next time he spoke to me was when he got banned for a month. The post is hidden but still available if you click on it. When he first posted “that was a nice thing” or something like that I figured cool, it’s him again. When I got to work I saw the post was hidden and when I clicked it he had edited the post and changed it to this.

Now I have seen him banned at RIU 3 times with 3 names. I have also seen him banned here 3 times with 3 different screen names. Every time I run into him I try to ignore him and than he starts attacking me and taking shots at me until I can’t take it any more and react. I know of a few people he has accused of being me, it got him banned from Myplantetganja as well. Yet he always plays the victim saying it’s all my fault. The user I spoke to over there had the same issue with him saying he was me or doing my bidding. It’s really creepy how infatuated the guy is with me. It’s real puts the lotion on its skin or gets the hose again type behavior. All starting from me posting the PPP pic from Lefthandseeds seed run the same day Badger did. The guy is totally unstable.

Sorry, no short way to describe all that crazy. Funny thing is I have all the screen shots from here, RIU and Discord to show I am right and he is nuts. Also to explain that screen shot. I had a buddy on RIU looking for Panama Red seeds. He also new that dude. I guess he had tried to get him to join here and couldn’t. I convinced him to join here as I could not pass out seeds on RIU due to TOS so I needed him to come here. When the moron saw the guy we both knew joined the screen shot is how he reacted.

5 Likes

I think I’ve seen that name around some years ago, never gave it much thought. But yeah, he’s been following you around all day like a puppy with a bone. It can be hard to judge online but you seem like a good guy. Anyway, thanks for filling me in. It’s as important to know who to stay away from as it is to know who to meet.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s kind of nice to be able to throw out some facts against his crazy rants. All I really want from the guy is to stop talking to me and about me. Plenty of room for everyone and no need for discord if folks just act like grownups. Have a good night bud.

3 Likes

In the real world his name would not be Donald would it? Heard some crazy stories about a guy with thin skin also. :laughing:

2 Likes

Getting close! These got topped so they would grow to the corners and fill out the panel.

6 Likes

Hey the large fan leaves look kind of odd, is there something going on with them? Like a surface thing, or is that an optical illusion?

Ive seen this before.

@Ttystikk These are beautiful, but I’m not seeing the containers these are growing in. I know this is from a vertical grow and 3 months ago, but what were they growing in or were these drying? I apologize in advance in case this is a dumb question. :smiley: