Virginia Is For Lovers

if I had a half ounce just to drop off id prob try for fun. Still a huge stigma for home growing and I hear it all the time how they can’t believe how good it looks blah blah blah blah “homegrow always sucks”

6 Likes

This just floors me. You’re absolutely right, I see it online and hear it around. Some wild thoughts on if hydro is really good weed or really bad weed, too. People don’t know what they are talking about.

Growing up in Ohio, home grow is all there was. I know I sound like aunt Marjory, but it’s true. Do they think Migs county gold came from somewhere other than a cousins cornfield? Kids these days don’t even know where weed comes from! :older_adult:

8 Likes

Are you saying people in general look down on Homegrown? Wtf, There might be some advantage in somw types of extracts from commercial equipment but for flower, homegrowns always gonna win right?

5 Likes

In my experience there have been a good bit that until a good grower opens their eyes, they have misconceptions.

4 Likes

If we’re talking dispensary vs home grown, I’ll take home-grown just about every time.

Home growers run the gamut, from very bad to very good, but one can usually be assured they are doing their best for results from which they’re going to directly benefit.

I don’t know if it’s true, but I have a friend (it always starts that way doesn’t it? “I have a friend….:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) …I have a friend who worked for a pretty well-known commercial grower. He told me they follow what seems to be industry standard and chop on day-50. Period.

Thats production priority and quality is important but honestly, secondary in that world.

I find it hard to believe folks prefer dried-out underripe dispensary weed to carefully grown and cured home-grown.

6 Likes

So many folks don’t have access to dispensary weed. What are they even making a comparison from? And SOO many people just smoke bad weed because it’s all that’s around sometimes. Breaks my heart.

Having always lived on the East Coast coast, I only watching the West Coast going legal first and being “the scene” the emerald triangle and what not. A whole different perspective and experience.

Then hearing people I grew up with in Migs county near enough, talk like they have some Humboldt connections, they know good dope. Diddy likes haze, snoops into purple.

:roll_eyes: We from the same holler, Stfu.

Then their opinion spreads. Other people hear it, and they say it with such vibrato, it’s easy to believe. It’s not like you can Google that info, that’s how the feds get you. :rofl:

7 Likes

Out of likes, but thoroughy entertained. I see a movie taking shape here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Kinda like Harold and Kumar, but different :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Darryl and Carol Sue go to Biscuitville

4 Likes

Dibs on Darryl :rofl:

4 Likes

Haha. I guess that makes me Carol Sue. I can work with that. A boy named Carol Sue.

5 Likes

That just means you’ll be good at fighting lol

3 Likes

My opinion is… Home grown kicks the shit out of most dispensary weed out there. The stuff they advertise doesn’t show up in the test of their claims.

No not everyone growing knows what they are doing (especially some of the nasty shit you see on twatter) but the majority of us do. Genetics do though make all the difference in the world me thinks.

GR

7 Likes

Agreed! I know some people everything that comes out of their tents basically smells and looks nearly the same. Like a popup i went to, every canister smelled the same , like barely anything but dried mulch.
Usually the same people don’t want tips or guidance. They are just doing it for “fun” and aren’t into it that much.
Well don’t come to me talking up your bud and telling me everyone says it’s awesome…“I don’t know anything about weed” said it’s so good :sweat_smile:

Dispo dried crumbs, don’t get me started. Boveda bandaid!

6 Likes

Lol. Bro I went to one pop up in ptown like a year or so ago. I asked homie if everyone copped from the same guy. They didnt think I was funny, but I did, so score one for me.

5 Likes

Dispo is prob better than a lot of peoples shit. Both of my uncles have given me weed that I don’t even think about smoking. It’s brown and looks like shit. Dont mean to be a weed snob, but I’m not trying to cough up 2 lungs to smoke that nasty grass.

6 Likes

All that pop up shit is outdoor and doesn’t smell good at all. I went to one event and don’t even waste my time now.

5 Likes

Anyone that puts in the time and focus grows is going to crush dispo. But then again a microbrewery’s worst beer crushes you standard big brand beer.

It come down to that fact that you can’t mass produce for money without cutting some corners or at least losing some quality.

3 Likes

If any of you are in the Shenandoah valley, how do you deal with humidity that won’t go above 40% indoors?

3 Likes

Get a humidifier. I can make a tent or a room go to 100% real quick.

6 Likes