Vortex by Subcool/TGA/The Dank preservation Co-Op run (closed)

Clones going healthy in the top and bottom bins (salad mix tubs, they work great with my preferred 3” tall squares)

30 Likes

Huh I wonder what happens if I reach in and give the dude a shake?

33 Likes

pollen everywhere

3 Likes

And that was the second time! After I turned a fan up underneath it and gave it a shake it was a whiteout in there. Godspeed to any pistil that thinks it’ll stay unpollinated, my dude is coming for ya!

26 Likes

2 Likes

End of Day F22 and the dude is starting to look spent, he got pretty dry and malnourished while I was gone but I think he’s done his duty here, I’ll nurse him a bit for another few days but that space is needed for the ladies so I can get them down away from the lights.

53 Likes

Looking great man!

4 Likes

Thanks OG! The end is in sight, nine weeks of flower will be December 4, which might be enough for a fast flowering strain like this to have fully matured the seeds, so I’m planning on that, but of course that’s up to the seedbearing plants to decide. I’ll chop the whole plants and hang them for a quick dry in an empty tent with a dehuey, get those seeds shucked sometime during or after the holidays, and I should be able to mail out the Coop seeds sometime in January, with good projections of how many everyone gets, hopefully a stuffed puck!

19 Likes

I don’t think the Coop structure is able to support separate phenos all being sent, but I’d love to do that if we can. More likely is that with the leftover seeds I can make some breeding packs with seeds sorted by mother, which could even get matched back up with the cuts I sent out and am holding of the F1s. I’m growing a pretty small number of larger seed plants so I feel like the way to leverage that limited genetic spread in the start is to make sure to keep things sorted out instead of jumbling them as with a larger OP.

17 Likes

You mean sending four packs (1 for each females) per subscriber instead of one? I’d found that interesting, especially since there’s a runt in the mix. But I guess too that should be discussed with the co-op action group whether it’s possible. 600 packs instead of 150 changes the scale a tad :smiley:

That male was epic! Special RIP mention: “he did a good job” :+1: Did you keep a clone?

5 Likes

I think it would have to be something like I pack the seeds and send them to the coop already separated, I couldn’t ask them to do that for me. I’d love to figure out how to use a large Lacon container to hold a few types with a divider or foam cutouts or something. Probably just a pipe dream and I’m better off planning to make up a ton of cards with flips for people who actually wanna breed this line.
In the spirit of the coop, the runt seeds will have to be mixed in with whatever goes out to distributors, so there might not be any of those left for the pheno packs, we will see.

I did keep clones of all the F1 plants, I think I only have one of the male but it’s healthy last time I checked. I was planning to run the ladies again for flower to judge them as keepers and to do a pollen collection run with the dude because I didn’t get any this time around, I’ll make that isolation chamber I’ve been meaning to out of a clear storage bin I set aside for that a while ago.

9 Likes

Me looking at the current stud in the tent, my Fiskars pruning saw ready for the chop soon:

“That’ll do, pig. That’ll do.”

5 Likes

:rofl:

You should chant something :smiley:

2 Likes

@funkyfunk

10 Likes

:rofl:

That was a good one

2 Likes

8 Likes

Thank you, thank you, I’m here all night! Make sure to grab another round of drinks and some smokes from the canteen before my next set here in the jewel of the Yiddish Alps, Grossinger’s Resort.

5 Likes

That’s precisely what I’m doing, how did you know? :smiley:

Have fun! And enjoy Alps!

2 Likes

Yeah we pollinated the shit out of these things:

43 Likes

ahah covered in pollen! Well you did that, we only applauded :smiley:

5 Likes