Vortex by Subcool/TGA/The Dank preservation Co-Op run (closed)

That’s the one!

The thing that struck me about the chart was Space Queen.
Notice all of the offspring were from a male. That male was occasionally referenced in other comments/docs as Space Dude.
I hunted high and low for Space Dude until one night I noticed all of the blue lines on the chart and then the ‘flash bulb’ went off… :rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

14 Likes

LOL, that one got me too. Took a while to figure out Space Dude was just a chosen male pheno of Space Queen. Went through that when the Strawberry Diesel x Space Dude run happened.

10 Likes

It got me looking closer at that chart and I noticed he repeated that move a couple of times.
That got me interested in how he selected males… but that’s another ‘rabbit hole’…

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Pretty sure Queen Anne’s Revenge is Bloodwreck x Space Queen and Killer Queen x Grim is Royals Revenge

2 Likes

Ok? I didn’t make the infographic.

1 Like

Life has been kinda disorganized and not at my best lately, but the plants are doing well and I’ve got snips packed up to send off to three more members, so these F1s will be out there with four OG members besides my own tray of clones, just in case I mess up or people want to take the F2s and BX or something:

Ended up with one perfect male covered in balls that are already dropping pollen before I even take them off 24/0, I let them veg so mature. Will probably have to save pollen to make sure that the ladies all get covered well, so hopefully there’s some extra there, he’s already dusting up his own leaves:

And then the four ladies: tall, taller, tallest, and the runt

56 Likes

Great work man. :100:

3 Likes

Actually, now that I look at my messages, I only have snips promised to two members here, which means there’s a third set up for grabs if someone wants to DM me an address, let’s see who gets them? US lower 48 only please unless you want to pay Canadian express shipping

16 Likes

I would take em, but they’ll just shrivel up and die on me. I suck at cloning.

5 Likes

I will take them if available?
Strain sounds delicious :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Looks like @ix3u was first into my inbox! Congrats!

5 Likes

charlie-sheen-winning

6 Likes

Thanks man! Super excited about it!

4 Likes

Looks awesome! Love seeing people bring back Subcool, he has so many legendary creations. I currently have two Hurkle females just going into flower, and one in it’s early stages of life.

Appreciate all your efforts here! Long live Subcool!

6 Likes

Awesome smoke, you will love the functional indica plus cbd effects. I also grew Querkle, Grape Inferno and Apollo 13 x Vortex. Hurkle was my fave because it was the perfect hybrid.

Querkle was heavier, less functional, relaaaaxing. A11 x Vortex was so sooooooaring, i couldn’t be around strangers. I was almost too high.

9 Likes

Yes! I’ve never grown it but 7 years ago it was a regular top shelf offering at a local dispo, which was my personal favorite. SO relaxing and functional, and the buds always looked insane.

Was never able to find a clone/seeds of it until a few months ago. Crossing my fingers for a good pheno! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Forgot to mention, I have a pack of Querkle from Ms.Jill. Haven’t popped it yet but that sounds really nice!

4 Likes

Crossing fingers for you!
In 30+ years, Hurkle’s the only strain i’ve grown 4 seasons in a row.
(And a Jack Herer x OG Kush cross called Emerald Jack.)

Querkle had lots of small plants so let them veg. as long as possible. During curing the buds shrink into dense frosty rocks and is a super potent indica. It’s like Bubba Kush on steroids.

12 Likes

3 Likes

All the plants got prepped for flip and I pulled the plug yesterday, they just woke up from their first night of darkness, which means we’re flowering! Transplanted the three big ladies into larger pots and tied them down very hard, looped and bonsai’d back down to a height where the stretch won’t kill me. The runt and the male are staying natural in their 2G pots, since both look perfectly healthy and it’ll save a bit of space. The dude towers over the ladies now which I hope helps with pollen distribution. I will edit this thread later today to open up the Co-Op signups, so be ready this afternoon to start jumping in!

@G-paS @DougDawson wanted to tag you two and let you know this is happening

36 Likes