Wanted: H3ADS Arcata TrainWreck BX2

I have started a breeding program with huge emphasis to create a regular seed form of Trainwreck, though no male seeds of this strain can be found anywhere. I plan to find a male, and breed it with the Arcata cut, to produce more stable seeds opposed to the S1 counterpart. Days of research has lead me to an old breeder, ‘Head Seeds’, that had a strain called ‘Arcata TrainWreck BX2’ in regular form.

While very old, would anyone here happen to have an old pack of the mentioned strain? If so, I am willing to pay well if you are willing to sell it to me so I can pursue this particular project.

9 Likes

If you get ‘stuck’ another possibility is to track down some AK 47 or some White Widow and pick a male from there.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I remember Head seeds, but never grew any.

You could try Cascadia Seeds’ website.
They are out of Washington state. Last I checked they were still selling “Trainwreck” photo regs. And from an email they sent back to me concerning origins a few months back: They got the Trainwreck from Humboldt Seed Company seed stock.

I have 1 pack of TW by Cascadia. But my wife already called dibs. It’s one of her top 2 favorite strains.

Another by Jaws is Trainwreck OGEE…

6 Likes

Trainwreck Meds by @JAWS comes to mind, as well. That way the male is already half wreck

6 Likes

Check out twenty20 mendocino seed co. They have what your looking for. Theyve held the clone since 90s, offer arcata and a worked version. Their a great seed co ive grown a few of there things…all were top shelf.

Jaws would be another option hes always on here and shows trainwreck grows. Hes a solid dude too.

5 Likes

Woodhorse Seeds also has it. You can find him on IG at themeduser.

He took the Arcada cut and from memory used an Afgan for the first cross then repeated BXd to the Arcada.

3 Likes

been working off and on with the arcata wreck for 18-19 years now sense 2006.

here are some lines i have done with the wreck name in the tag, i have more with out the name in the tag.

TRAINWRECK {BC1—B1}
TRAINWRECK {BC1—B2}
TRAINWRECK {FEM’S—B3}
TRAINWRECK {FEM’S—B2}
TRAINWRECK {FEMS}
TRAINWRECK {FEMS}
TRAINWRECK CYNTHIA {F1}
TRAINWRECK GORGE {F1}
TRAINWRECK JANE {F1}
TRAINWRECK JANE {F1} * GIRL SCOUT COOKIES {BC1/F2}
TRAINWRECK MED’S {F1}
TRAINWRECK MED’S {F2}
TRAINWRECK OGEE {F-1}
TRAINWRECK OGEE {F-1} {B-2}
TRAINWRECK OGEE {F1}

testing the TRAINWRECK GORG f1 as we speak looking great, heavier wreck look to her, great frame nice buds forming. classic wreck smell but about half way through in getting some else that i know is not wreck so it has to be that gorg making its self known.

TRAINWRECK GORG f1

i will get better pics as we continue to mature this round out.

peace …

16 Likes

the out crosses on the two backs would be.

fpog
ugorg#1

peace …

7 Likes

@JAWS is worth his weight in gold. Look after this man. Almost a doomsday vault of genetics. Right proper chap :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply, I am already in contact with you regarding your banana kush strain. Out of all the listed trainwrecks you’ve worked with, do any have that typical trait where the buds get heavy and the stems bend over? Because I know the original arcata cut does that, so if you have any that do, I’d buy some off you.

2 Likes

You’re a legend, thank you. Will message Cascadia now and see the history of how they worked it

2 Likes

This made me wonder of your plan, so I’m going to play devil’s advocate for a bit. You do realise that S1s are the same genetics as the cut, just remixed and if you do a really good BX, you end up with the same results as doing S1s but with males.

Tbh this isn’t a bad thing and it would be the perfect scenario for a start of a IBL.

If your goal is a stable line both in the sense that it got low herm rates and uniform plants. You can’t BX an polyhybrid over and over, you will never be able to reduce how heterozygous it is. What you need to do is to start select and continue down the filial path. It’s all about narrow the band of avaliable genes in the gene pool.

Personally I would buy as many reg seeds of trainwreck from different sources, grow all these out at once, pick the best male(keeping a keen eye on the roots) and cross it to the clone. After that continue the narrowing of the trainwreck traits for each filial generation. Only way you can stabilze a polyhybrid in both regards at the same time. Backcrossing is a poor man’s S1 attempt.

Pz :v:t2:

7 Likes

Thank you for the advice

2 Likes

If you have any questions. Don’t hesitate to ask! I love that people have ideas and breeding goals. :pray:t2: Keep the spirit alive and work towards you goals, I’m here cheering from the side line :sweat_smile:

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

trainwreck gorg f1

been working with the wreck off and one for 18 years now.

she is pretty awesome …

9 Likes

I grew the twenty 20 Mendocino outdoors last year. Seeds showed up somehow. I then grew them indoors and they were like the twenty 20. And it hermed, so I believe I have genetically close seeds. The same growth type and smells. Good enough for me, with maybe 200 seeds. That is a poor mans option, lol.

Thats a shame… but i hear about S1s been prone to herming, hence why I want to create a regular line. Did you find the stems weak and the buds bending over due to it with twenty 20 trainwreck? Or were the stems firm enough the hold the buds upright

2 Likes

They sure flop over. I trellised the outdoor on a metal frame so it was fine. Indoors it was a fun challenge. Each branch needed help.

3 Likes

Watching this love me some trainwreck.

2 Likes

Watching this one.
I too loved the old time Trainwreck.
I have one seed left. Not even sure if it’s still viable.
@JAWS i didn’t know you had the
" hook" on the wreck .
Permission to PM you?

4 Likes