1990s silver pearl

Never did I ever understand why nevil or sensi seeds discontinued this beauty

I had the original clone forever. It finished very fast with a platinum hue and smelled and tasted better then any blueberry I’ve ever ran. Even all the phenos through my breeding projects had the exact same look and smell.

I nick named the clone blueberry cheesecake long before the food trends came along

Here she is as a bx2

mm

40 Likes

very cool. i’ve only heard of this one. do you have any pictures of the finished buds?

5 Likes

Nice. Silver Pearl is one of my all time favorite strains and I have not been able to find a decent one for decades. Good on you for keeping it alive. :v:

10 Likes

Looks beautiful! I have no idea why it was discontinued… it was quick flowering, tasty, and a pretty good yielder for finishing so quickly. Nice to see her still being grown

5 Likes

Here’s a mix of the clone only and from seeds

The image from the original catalog is spot on

PIC_1602-100x100 PIC_1606

silver-skunk-9

mm

17 Likes

Beautiful Ty for bringing her back
When will she be available

3 Likes

Looks good :ok_hand: That third pic has some really nice spear-like flowers

3 Likes

Very cool! My fiance is intrigued by the blueberry taste so we have some dj shorts blueberry, blueberry cupcake, and then ironically got some blueberry fem freebies. We are gonna end up doing a blueberry run one of these days and find out which one is the best but I always love hearing about the OG strains!

3 Likes

I do have a limited number of beans I’ve kept over the years for myself

Remo won a spannabis with it but changed to blue cheese the name to avoid giving me credit. Sadley the norm these days

It is far tastier then blueberry as it tastes exactly how it smells. The effect is also alot nicer and more positive.

I have a few incredible hybrids I’ve made as she breeds true in all her crosses

mm

9 Likes

Sorry for not being more on top of this thread iver the season.

Been focusing on some other stuff

Got 5 fems out of 6 plants.

What’s great about the bx2 blueberry cheesecake pheno is very very stable.

I cropped the tops and leaving the bottoms another week

Awesome yield of oldschool #nevil #theseedbank breeding

mm

12 Likes

Really cool to see you keeping the Silver Pearl going. One of my favorite old school plants. Interesting you had a blueberry pheno. The cut I had was a fruit punch pheno. Smelled and tasted like Hawaiian Punch.

3 Likes

That’s surprising.

Must have been a recessive trait?

All the older and new descriptions always said “fresh berries” for the smell and taste :grinning:

Did you get yours from the seed bank?

mm

2 Likes

The cut I got came from Sensi seeds that was brought back around ‘94 - ‘95, at least that’s what I was told. Smells and flavor can be subjective I guess, but I don’t remember it being berry.

4 Likes

Fair.

Was kind of thinking the same thing.

Admittedly most people to better dissecting terp profiles then me. But this one line has been sold as blueberry in maple ridge bc since the 90s. It’s much richer, deeper and better tasting then any bb I’ve ever smoked or grown.

mm

5 Likes

Here’s some indoor from manitoba

4 Likes