Watt per sqft at different stages

What would you say are appropriate levels of light (as in watts per sq ft) for:

-The first 2 weeks of seedling stage (from seed)

• Veg stage
  • Flower stage.
3 Likes

I use LEDs

My veg cab is 25w/sq ft
My flower cab is 37.5w/ sq ft

All the best

7 Likes

I’m curious how do you know actual wattage, i use a led claims to be 1000 watt it’s a “blurple” as I’ve seen them called, there is no way it’s 1000 watts my tent is 2x4x5 tall and 1 would be plenty if it was actually that wattage, I’m about to order a 2nd for the next grow I’m about to start seeds for.

2 Likes

That light is probably closer to 100w.

You could buy a kilowatt meter and find out for sure.

Or you could do volts x amps = watts

Example - 110v x 1 amp = 110 watts.

Someone smarter than me could explain better.

Also, you could do better than that light at a similar price point. Mars ts600 for example. newer more efficient tech.

All the best

6 Likes

Hmm interesting, it did well if thats the case, i’m gonna order the other and that should be plenty to grow between 2-4 plants.

2 Likes

As long as it works for you then it’s all good. I run 300w in a 2x4

1 Like

You normally have to dive deep into the description to find a semi accurate number you want watts pulled from wall sometimes it’s deep in the description some times they don’t even mention it

If you’re looking for a great budget light maybe check out king LED

3 Likes

I see that your Canadian I don’t have Canadian Amazon but here is a similar king it comes with some extras for the price difference like hangers and glasses

1 Like

Found it…its actually only 180w

2 Likes

If you are using Amazon, look a little down in the listing for the open box stuff. You can save some money and many times it is just a damaged box. I have saved a lot of money that way. Just a thought.

3 Likes

I can get king LED for $139 to my door. The noah-s is $87 to my door and i am on a tight budget so that’s not helping.

2 Likes

180watts for the price is not bad dude I wonder if they have them on American Amazon

1 Like

@anon81143130 I’ve read that many times since I’ve ordered it last February and don’t ever remember seeing that! Thanks so basically 2 would be 360 watts the math works out to terrible watt per square foot but i was happy with what 1 did with 3 bag seeds thinking 2 could be not bad.

1 Like

@TheShowMeHomie I’m thinking the same now that I’m understanding true wattage think I’m gonna grab it, it’s in my cart for $97 with a $10 off coupon so $87 delivered to my door.

3 Likes

There are some good “Kill-A-Watt” clones on Amazon that you can use. I think I paid about 20 for mine. I used it with a couple of 105W CFL’s and it read about 90+ watts, so it seems pretty accurate.

4 Likes

I’d recommend one of the spider farmer lights if you’re amazon shopping. I think they’re a pretty good deal, and they use high efficiency samsung LM301Bs.

6 Likes

@lefthandseeds thats exactly what I use. I would definitely buy another spider farmer.

4 Likes

@lefthandseeds this is exactly what i want for lights but unfortunately just don’t have the cash right now, but i will have some spider farmer lights when i am able to upgrade hopefully that will be sooner than later :blush: but for now i am still very happy to just be growing again.

5 Likes

Spider farmers are hard to beat unless you just build your own or buy a parts kit.

1 Like