Grow light suggestions?

Im looking to upgrade to a 4x4 tent but im having a hard time finding a solid answer on what size led to get.

Any recommendations? Not trying to spend a lot of money but i do not want to buy a junk light. I was thinking a 400w? Im running a 200w in a 2x4 so 400w should be okay right? Any input is greatly appreciated!

10 Likes

Id do a 600 in a 4x 4 , Would reco Grow Light Science 640 light , steal price too.

8 Likes

you must consider “light intensity” not so much the wattage,just - have grown excellent product example a 240 watt board will have a footprinit of 4by4 veg and 3by3 flower cost $300.00 + So your 400 will work just fine and considering the 200w in a 2by4 will work but a smaller footprint. Go 400 watts NOw what type/brand of ? Quantrum Boards/ Leds _ companies ? Kind, HGL, Mars , DOG, Vispra, and the list goes on and on
Happy Hunting Discount Leds.com handle many brands

4 Likes

4x4, Samsung lm301 quality LEDs, should only need around 480w from the wall. Good LEDs you want around 25w/sqft.

6 Likes

I’m using a 640W 8-bar @PhlizonGrowLight (that I won here on Overgrow!) in my 4x5 foot tent

4 Likes

Thats why i hopped on here to ask you guys. My spider farmer 200w never goes over 75% in the 2x4

I really want to upgrade to a 4x4 so i can run 4-5 plants at once and turn my 2x4 into a veg tent. A 400w only made sense since its double the light, i dont want to buy too small of a light tho and end up having to spend more $.

3 Likes

I’m planning on running two mars tsw2000 in a 5x5 mars tent. That’s 24 watt per square foot

2 Likes

Thats 400 watt total?

2 Likes

They are 300 watts each.

2 Likes

i just bought a couple of junk lights. $25 and 30 at walmart for what they called 1200w, maybe 1000w. a friend just finished up a grow with one and it worked great, she’s happy with it. i have yet to use one though. i’m gonna do a clone run just for some seeds next week or so and i’ll let ya know. you could probably do better but for the price just get a couple more.

2 Likes

400w would be 25w per sqf. Does that sound correct? The 640 would give me 40w per sqf.

1 Like

I like more than 25 per

1 Like

I dont know what i like yet i truly am just starting to get my feet wet. Whats a failproof number 25w,35w, 45w per sqf?

1 Like

How you like her so far?

1 Like

That was a super ballin win @CADMAN ! I’ve been eyeballing their lights for awhile and was super jelly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I see they are on sale. Tempted to get the one for 350 since i was about to spend that on a amazon spider farmer 450w

1 Like

I did this for years in a 4x4 and it’s a solid way to go.

Now I’m running a Mars Hydro FC-6500, it’s usually near 80% MAX to nail the right PPFD and it just about fits in my 4x4. I’ll eventually go for a 5x5 so it’s a perfect solution for me.

It does run about 720w though at full tilt but the plants love the shit outa the thing so what can I do? :man_shrugging: :rofl:

I also won this light here on OG. Still blows my mind that a place I’ve learned so much from and love to participate has somehow lead to some really solid scores in my garden.

Though the best score is all my fellow growmies and what we learn from each other in a cybergarden support network :smiley: :v:

11 Likes

Right on glad to know it’s feasible. Will be running another supplement led in there an enfun ef2000…forget the specs on that Samsung diodes and meanwell driver. Good to go!

2 Likes

I’m fixing on winning one too :rofl: nice frigging job!!! @Pigeonman

2 Likes

How do i go about winning one :joy:

3 Likes