Weed smells like hay

A slow dry would involve high humidity, not low. I just keep things as close to 60% and 60 degrees until the fan leaves are getting a little crispy, usually 5 - 7 days but will depend on the density of the strain. My light is only 150w right now so my shit doesn’t get too dense.

4 Likes

This is too quick I’d say if you trim all leaf 7-8 days without defoliant closer to two weeks. If using dehumidifier I will set to 50% which will normally show 60% on hygro meter. Like allowing for velocity on sniper shot aim high to compensate

Yeah the longer it takes to dry without risk of molding, the better it’s going to turn out. 10 days is like a minimum for me. Now some strains will dry out quicker, especially if they already had very few leaves. I’ve had a couple auto’s like that, basically no leaves to speak of, but if you can maintain 60/60 for as long as possible. it’ll come out better. You’ll get that top-shelf quality dry. That may or may not mean you need a humidifier or a dehumidifier or both in order to get there.

6 Likes

Best of luck V.

2 Likes

I’ve only used the Integra brand humidity packs and I have had none of the problems mentioned above. When properly dried, they keep my bud perfectly even after a year. Never had anything but good results from them. I honestly don’t think it’s the packs.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of difference when curing pounds of weed wet trim and leave the worms and eggs and dirt outside I have never used humidity packs but might take a look . I don’t have any use for trim or leaf so anything I trim off now will make it a lot easier on the finish .

4 Likes

They sell big ones Gramps that will keep a pound at a time at perfect humidity level. Couldn’t hurt to try. Personally I love them.

3 Likes

I may need them no rain or mud in my drying shed I had water running though last season . I have poured concrete early this year so a real floor .

7 Likes