Mutant plants, fasciation and other abnormalities

I thought I would create a centralized thread for documenting plant mutations. I would like to only see naturally occurring mutations and not ones produced threw manipulation. I could give a crap about gmo frankenbuds.

18 Likes

I’ll start this off with some fasciation also displaying leaf varigation.

17 Likes

Then there is this odd two branches instead of one that showed up recently.

17 Likes

This is a mutation I’m starting to see quite often in the last three years. I’ve seen this from canada to texas on several different strains. Notice there are extra fingers growing in different directions from the center.

33 Likes

Interesting mutations. I had (maybe still good) a powerplant seedline that produced three leaves per node starting with three cotyledons. This translated into three branches per node. I pollinated this and f2s had this mutation around 5% of the time. I called this tri power and my hope was a 50% yield increase due to more budding sites. However, this mutation only lasted until sexual maturity when it would revert to normal growth. Also the tri condition was limited to branches from the main stalk. Other than that a normal power plant line.

9 Likes

Chem d - variegation

12 Likes

Black Triangle w Whorled Phyllotaxy

16 Likes

Golden triangle w some whackiness. Will update as it grows.

15 Likes

:nerd: get real precise with the “natural” part. :sweat_smile:

'er yer bound to see some people’s ideas of Natural :tm: :copyright:

… avoiding “anthropogenic” influences is nearly impossible…i.e. potato chip bags in borneo, the amazon & mt. everest :rolling_eyes: but a grower can only do so much. :wink:

just stoned thought, but what if visible mutation is caused by, say… some radiation exposure to seeds in transit? …or a mutagenic molecule introduced through an air-intake?

:blush: (sorry. science is hard.) :laughing:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

12 Likes

Here’s my weirdo from last year, a leaf bud Hermie. Only happened once out of a half a dozen Venus flytrap clones and the plant finished off normally.

16 Likes

Posted this in another thread while back but ima drop it here too!

10 Likes

17 Likes

A random seedling from discarded hermie buds. I never did get to flower her as I didnt feel like bringing bugs inside. Tried taking clones but didnt give them enough attention.

16 Likes

I had a fasciation once, actually twice, with Red Diesel by Barneys Farms. Very interesting buds. Horrendous stems. Very hairy, but I think that was more due to the strain than the fasciation. Maybe both?

33 Likes

This one has 3 cotlydons

19 Likes

Those stems are like mushroom stalks​:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

3 Likes

15 Likes

This one decided to get freaky on me.

6 Likes

Split cotolydon and sum crazy leaf twist going on this orange bud x Pineapple Kush Cross

8 Likes

I haven’t came across this before:

12 Likes