Welcome to Meesh's Garden

Even when I was in TX, everyone had Succulents. I just never like the look of them, I guess.

1 Like

The worst is when you get a thing for $X only to find out you HAVE to spend like $100 just to get the $X

1 Like

They are pretty flowers.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at Nemesia a while back, and because I read that they
prefer cool temperatures and will stop blooming if nightime temps are over 75F for some time,
I figured they would not do well down here. Last night the low temp was 73, but we could easily get a stretch of days with night temps over 75. And in the summer the night temps will be mostly in the 80s.

I really enjoy trying out new types of flowers, so I may give ‘em a go anyway, as seeds are cheap.

1 Like

The greatest tool is reflection.better to make mistakes and learn than think everything is cool but have underlying problems?

1 Like

So… I have 12 yucca clones-- want a few? I was going to make something like what you bought with the rest.

I’m still not sure how they convert or extract/concentrate it or whether it’s just the roots or the stem too? Tried last year & ended up just washing the dog with it :grin: :shower: :dog2: because I had no clue about how much to use on the plants. It definitely works as a soap though.

The material is super tough & IIRC, i ended up using a saw & making a mess. Not good in the blender. :sweat_smile: Might as well be rocks or rope.

But now I’ve had the thought to make a mulch with it & see how that goes…(try it on the indoor micro garden).

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I played with this a couple if years ago. I made a fermented extract with LAB and the whole plant here in this post.

And in the bottom of this post I took the root and peeled it, then used a zester to grind it down. I let it dry, then filtered it through a 120 micron screen. That left me with a powder similar to what Meesh is using.

If I were to do it again, I would chop up the root and soak it in vegetable glycerin for 90 days. I did that with some reetha and it worked great.

4 Likes

No thanks on the yucca clones. They don’t really fit into my garden. Besides even the tiny bag of Yucca root I have at 1/8 tsp per 5 gallons, I believe that bag will last me 5 years lol

2 Likes

Hey @ReikoX didn’t the first biochar actually come from a ancient village on the Amazon river?

What zone are you down there? I’m zone 10a. They grew like gang busters here all summer but I honestly don’t think it’s ever been over 75 here at night.

Funny though, I read stock won’t flower over 65 degrees and mine flowered almost all summer before they croaked in the early fall. I was really surprised

1 Like

You’re thinking of terra preta and yes, biochar was one component.

3 Likes

I pulled out what remained of my veggie patch yesterday. Gomphrena, bell pepper plants and all the tomato and gourd vines. Disassembled the trellis. All that remains is the monster artichoke plant and the garlic I planted in fall. The artichoke plant will have to come out when next mj crop goes in, but for now, it’s hard to tear out a perfectly healthy plant.
All the clover is covering the entire backyard now also the spring bulbs have already started popping up. Despite no flowers the yard looks so green and pretty again. The summers end and fall just looked so ugly and desolate.

3 Likes

So my peeps. A life hack instant greenhouse. Use the plastic bags comforters come in. You can even unzip them as necessary for heat adjustment. Of course this will work for small plants only

7 Likes

That’s a great idea!

1 Like

I am in 11a.
If you have not tried New Guinea Impatiens, you might want to give 'em a run.
They like morning sun and afternoon shade. Wickedly vibrant colors.
Pretty easy to grow from seed.

7 Likes

Ooooh, I like your style. Now I don’t need a new comforter, but… :grin:

3 Likes

20$ clone dome with free blanket! :shopping_bags:

:evergreen_tree:be mari everyone

6 Likes

@MomOnTheRun do you know the ratio for 1 gallon of Brixblaster off the top of your head? My containers need a foliar, been lots of rain lately.

1 Like

I believe its 1Tb per gallon water

1 Like

First blooms on a new nemesia I started from seed.
This ones called Masquerade

My pink Alyssum started too

Patch of garlic. No idea when I’m supposed to harvest

The giant sunny spot after having all the trees removed yesterday

My 60 year old Haas Avocado tree aka my baby

A few plants that took in the shade garden
Primrose

Impatiens

Bleeding heart coming in

11 Likes

Early spike on the bulbs… Freesia incoming

Man, I love Cali