Welcome To The Basement

I tried to listen that one at work but wasn’t able to pay good close attention. Plus the recording quality for that one wasn’t the best either. It’s the little things.

Getting the drywall hung up today. Here are a few photos.

5 Likes

Progress my friend. Looking good

1 Like

All that hard work will pay off greatly… Cheers man!

Go on now!

LOL

i’m not sure if i would use drywall in a grow myself, i think plywood! but idk!

Why is that, I was just about to start with sheet rock this week. Doh…

well just because of moisture and mold and plywood is kinda waterproof but i guess you’d know more about your environment and needs than me

1 Like

I too am a little skeptical about using drywall. I guess that’s why it’s cool to have a platform like this to share what we experience. I defiantly am going to use moisture and mold resistant paint. I was going to get drywall meant for bathrooms but I went the cheaper route.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry if you prime, use killz, and paint it. If you are really worried, get the green board they use in bathrooms.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not going to stress about it. I only plan on growing during the cooler months (Sep-May) so I don’t think the humidity will get too out of control. Also I don’t really want to run an a/c unit. Too much fun stuff to do during the summer months. Although I do want to do some outdoor plants this year to see what happens.

1 Like

Looking great! Only took a couple weeks to build mine. The basement is looking very similar to The Swamp!

Here is a picture of the Green Love Potion. This plant has a soil mix consisting of 3 parts Roots Organic soil and 1 part earth worm castings. This is vegging under a CFL while the other plants are vegging under a 600 watt HPS.

5 Likes

You may of said it before but how many plants are you going to run? And what lights

For the first run I just have 9 plants and they will be under a 600 watt HPS. The plan is to have more plants and more lights once my budget increases. I would love to have the room filled with LED lighting but I’m going to let the market do its thing and drive the prices down.

3 Likes

1000w hps digital ballast are pretty cheap. I got mine pretty cheap and got some cheap cool tube/reflectors for cheap too.
Loving running three 1ks and supplemental T5s (in your case LEDs)…
Kills paint or however you spell it is legit. Highly recommend as well

Peace
Swampy

Nice! Where did you get your lights from?

Not sure where you are but check amazon out, sometimes lights packages they have go like 30-60% off if they have large stock or are trying to move for new updated models to come in. Got a 600 with digi ballast 2 bulbs cool tube and reflector for $89… Normallybwas $150

1 Like

Yep! I got cheap 1000w digital ballasts that were discontinued bc they had a feature to be run off an app via Bluetooth/WiFi but it was faulty… but the ballasts work amazingly. Great deal.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I might wait until black friday/cyber Monday to see if the deal are any better. If not that’s still really affordable.

No power tools were used during this process.

Some tea

This is a Neti pot used to clean out your sinuses or to water your plants

Some plant pics

Here are some photos of the new room

7 Likes