Well anyway, that was fun

My winter lasted longer than normal alas spring has sprung. People need their privacy hedges, crape myrtles, boxwoods and Japanese maples… Back to the grindstone. - you guys made winter fun. Made some friends, had some good ole internet arguments, fought the establishment; all that and bag of chips. (packs of beans)
I’ll sign on daily and update my summer grow/seed projects but wont have the pleasure of trolling all day.
Give-a-ways will still be aplenty have to go run around and organize 3 tens and a greenhouse to the point where they can be left alone.

Yall should plant a tree this year. A veggie garden. Or something for the bees!

32 Likes

:+1:

15 Likes

well i didnt say go to home depot!
I know, i know those prices… And if you go early enough like you did you can actually pick healthy plants before they are neglected.
what where they 45? 75? usd either way i gotta sell ones that size for 99-125

4 Likes

Got them at 50 to 65. Ordered the other ten. And found 5 more various places

1 Like

That much? 100 to 125? I made out!

1 Like

:no_mouth:
Just what it’s gotta be. I live in one of the most expensive counties in the US.
They go on sale half off on the 4th of july…

2 Likes

I could see that being the price point from a local small business. Big box stores like Home Depot can afford to sell them for 50-60% of that price but as Rabbit said, a lot of their plant stock didn’t receive the same care that it would get from a local gardener.

Hell yes, brother! I have limited outdoor patio space at my apartment but I want to make the most out of it. Gonna have a strawberry plant or two as well as some herbs. I’ve also been eyeing some hot pepper seeds :hot_pepper: My town usually does Earth Day volunteer cleanups. I’m thinking about signing up for it this year, last year it was terrible weather so I skipped it :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Every time I walk around my neighborhood I fantasize about guerilla seed bombing the place with local wildflowers and then registering the apartment complex as a certified butterfly / pollinator garden. Dreams!
:butterfly: :honeybee: :butterfly: :honeybee: :butterfly:

Here’s a song that’s named after a butterfly
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - “Blue Morpho”

3 Likes

I have ten bare root trees otw. Holes dug. Electric fence is ready. Time to make fruit.

5 Likes

Yall just reminded me I have some spring pruning to do.

4 Likes

I’ve got 8 Moonflower seeds germinating that I’ve got plans to do a weaving trellis grow with and 8 Anaheim peppers ready to transplant once the weather is warmer. Pic of the Moonflower mother that I harvested seeds from.

5 Likes

Costco has some shockingly good deals on excellent bare root fruit trees every winter / spring.

3 Likes

fuck man first day back at work is ruff…
gonna sleep like a baby tonight.

2 Likes