Wet or Dry Nutrients?

I am new to growing. While the labels on the bottles of hydrated nutrients are nice, they are outrageously expensive. Have anyone grown successfully using dry nutrients?

1 Like

You can start with good amended soil while top dressing weekly with kelp, crab meal, and neem meal until halfway through flower then crab and kelp. You would be ok. A big pot helps. There is a knf thread by lotus you might want to check out.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s right. Master @lotus710 will also help. Not alone bro. Like i felt, the more we are the merrier. Study KNF, those two links. @ryasco I’m not giving up on KNF i’m actually gonna do some with it and the other with remo’s.

1 Like

Are you looking at hydroponics or organics?

Its an all or nothing situation for me. The General Hydroponics Maxi series works well. It does work well in soil, but I dont like to use it that way for flowering.

3 Likes

Hey,

A good soil mix really offers a very good environment for any kind of plants. Talking about organic ofcourse.:kissing:
However, bat shit works really well :slight_smile: Not to forget all other green amendment :wink:

Positive vibes

3 Likes

I don’t have anything against dry nutrients when talking hydroponics. When using soil I’d always recommend any organic (wet) lines. Dry / mineral nutrients have tendency to create “salt” build up in soil and in general you miss that “organic” taste and smell of final product if you add mineral nutes to soil. That is unnecessary and wasted soil.

If I can recommend…

In hydro dry nutes do work just as well as wet. But brand of nutrients translates into taste and smell of dried product, so everytime test it and decide yourself. Flush well…

Here where I stay dry nutes are sold but not popular… they account for maybe 5% of total nutrients sales in growshops. The only advantage I see is that you don’t carry any water and save on weight (possibly for shipping).

2 Likes

This last grow In dwc i tried a long flush time, as seen done by ThSeeds on IG. I did start adding just pH adjusted water 3 weeks before estimated harvest day, ec get lower dayly, plant get a full flush by the 2nd week of flushing, str8 to the end…
Yeld has for sure been compromised a 10/15 % but end product is way smoother and pleasant even after just 10 days of curing.
Like always, IMHO
DS

3 Likes

I use dry nutrients only. Well. My ferments would be “wet” but i mainly use kelp and neem teas. Its basicly all i need. You could run ferments in a hydro setup but i think you would need to clean more often? Or maybe not at all aslong as you only have good bacteria.

Ps Dont take my hydro advice at all i dont wanna get in troubleXD

4 Likes

My only issue with dry powder is they do not totally dissolve.

I called General Hydroponics about this and you should not use hot water to try to dissolve it totally. Or will it totally dissolve, I contacted GH about this problem years ago and they told me that it wont, They did not explain fully why. However whatever you can get into solution will work just fine.

My only thoughts on this is the little grains left over is either phosphates or potash is are the bits left over, just a hunch. Usually nitrates dissolve very easily into water. Or it could be so concentrated that when mixed it flocculates, I see this problem with A and B solutions are mixed incorrectly… Never mix A+B unless one is diluted into a solution.

5 Likes

Especially Calgreen from Metrop is liquid but highly concentrated mineral fertilizer. That one is almost impossible to dissolve without adding warm (not hot) water.

2 Likes

6 Likes

So do u reccomend to use dry nutz or not for hydro and especially aero ?
Cheers

1 Like

If you use filters it is doable imho.

2 Likes

either or should work fine as long as:

1. nutrients are intended for hydroponics. has to do with a little claw
  2. you use the manufacturers recommendation as a maximum ppm untill can dial in.
  3. use related fertilizer to you grow stage.
  4. maintain proper ph
3 Likes

I have some Advanced Nutrients connoisseur line that are about 2 years old. They have been stored well. Are they still viable? Thanks in advance for your help. I’m sure Big Mike would have me buy new stuff but that shit’s expensive!

1 Like

if you’re interested in trying dry nutes, greenleaf nutrients has 100% off on their 90g and 230g containers of “MEGACROP” their 1 part nutrient for all stages of growth, just pay shipping.

2 Likes

you can do this more than once i did . separate times

1 Like

i use veg+bloom works pretty good ill have my results in about a week its up a drying had to pull early do to money restriction but made it to about 7 weeks so it should still be ok

I did a complete 1000watt grow in ebb and grow hydroponic buckets using maxi grow than bloom as my base and it worked good. Easy to use and cheap.

1 Like

ive heard good things about maxi grow