Making OHN (Oriental Herb Nutrient) Garlic-Ginger KNF

Hello everyone, here’s how i made some OHN.

1. With all the ingredients ready

1. Weight the garlic

1. Weight the ginger

1. In separate containers, mix the ginger and the garlic, with crude sugar and beer (chose dark beer)

1. Store with tight lid on and stir everyday in the morning. You can mix the two after they ferment when they become stable. Ferment each on its own.

Will ready in about 6 days.

7 Likes

You know if your wife sees you making all this stuff, you will be getting told to make the dinners soon rofl :joy:

2 Likes

Beer is just to rehydrate the dried herbs:) i only used beer for the garlic because i added too much skin so it sucked up all the juices.

1 Like

We’ll see how it turns out. .

1 Like

With all this MAD plant foods your making I cant wiat to see the grow diaries and how they drink it all up. One thing to say on the dark beer subject though feeding your plants Guiness is a sin. :fearful:

3 Likes

I actually used “Guiness” because of its high alcoholic content… And nutritious value, just that i forgot to take pics!

4 Likes

I’m really liking this as I’ve got ginger growing as one of the ‘other’
plants being tended.

Have you looked into sorghum? Both grain and sugar source.
This is a different natural sugar other than cane or beet sugars,
yet not quite to the agave level of different. Rich in B5.

2 Likes

Fine stuff! Should we add “no till” tag to this and similar topics?

I’m kind of confused by wikipedia’s definition of no-till …

Seems like the purpose of your ideas is to supply gradual decomposition. On the other side “tillage” is probably non-sense in greenhouse gardening :slight_smile: and it is more term from agricultural industrial farming.

3 Likes

Yeah please add tags and all the rest, everybody should be looking into this… KNF will go a long way into saving humanity one day…

1 Like

Idk notill and knf can be used together but they arnt the same at all. Whats confusing you? The definition seems pretty good:)

1 Like