Best nutes on a budget

What nutrients are the best value for hydro. I’ve used ff trio+ soluble trio with good results but 15 plants cost more to feed than 3 and if i can cut costs without sacrificing quality that’d be pretty dope.

3 Likes

These were recommended very highly by @dequilo

Giant bags of masterblend or jacks?
Didnt do the calculations but i suspect there are savings to be had.

3 Likes

Jacks 10 30 20 and jacks 5 12 26 for flower. Jacks 20 20 20 for veg and moms.

7 Likes

Jacks 321 =

Jacks hydro
Calcium nitrate
Epsom salts

Pennies on the dollar, Done deal.

4 Likes

jacks 5-12-26, calcium nitrate, and epsom salt. maybe some monopotassium sulfate if you/your plants want during flower. hard to get cheaper than that unless you want to mix everything from scratch, but its already dirt cheap as is.
as far as quality goes, youre not going to see it slip as a result of the nutes themselves. there are plenty of grow logs out there (and a few here on og iirc) that show people doing really well with the dry stuff. a lot of big ag farmers and commercial cannabis ops use them too, probably the majority of them except the ones that are running organic. remember, all mineral based nutes have the same stuff in them, whether theyre in a bottle in a liquid solution, or in a bag in dry form. the only difference is the ratios of the elements they contain, except with bottles you are paying for water and for someone to mix it up beforehand. this can have value in some circumstances, but if you need to cut costs and you dont mind stirring a little (or using a drill with a mixing bit), dry nutes can save you a ton of cash.
if you do decide to go with jacks, the 321 formula is a good place to start. lots of cultivators run it start to finish and do great work with it, and its relatively easy to tweak it to suit your specific needs if you have to.

5 Likes

I like masterblend due to the fact I can get it off amazon. Basically same as jacks!

3 Likes

Megacrop has a decent amount of products for okay prices …! ( just my opinion.)!
Happy growing,
Gaz

3 Likes

@Gaz29
Chempak 3
Chempak 8
Elixir 6/12/36
: )
Your water soft ?

1 Like

Check out Totem Grove.
3 part system clone to flush!!!
That it what I run for pennies in the gallon!

1 Like

Totem Grove is like Jacks…

Totem Grove might even through you a sample. I have sent out hundreds of sample packs
all my pics w coco are used with Totem Grove

1 Like

I can second Master Blend.
It’s a 3 part salt nutrient system, 4 if you want to add an ingredient just for veg.
(Run Mag Nitrate instead of Mag Sulfate in veg, as recommended by the cocopros from Overgrow)

Really cheap for a lot of juice, have run 1.5 runs on it with good results.

Plus my kratky peppers were really digging it.

3 Likes

RO water, but my source tap is pretty decent.

1 Like

I do pretty well with the latest version of Megacrop.

1 Like

I like Dyna Gro with tapwater.

MaxiGro/Maxibloom are also nice 1 part nutrients if you have soft-medium hard water.

Not as cheap as Jack’s, nothing is, but simple 1 parts that work with tapwater. I grew some fine plants with tap and MaxiBloom start-finish.

2 Likes

here’s some jack’s pricing math for ya if curious:

25 lb bag jack’s 5-12-26: $65
25 lb bag jack’s calnit: $55
18 lb bag epsom: $27

jacks hydro: 11340g / 3.6g = 3150 gallons (2 cents per gal)
jacks calnit: 11340g/2.4g = 4725 gallons (1 cent per gal)
epsom (mag): 8164g/1.2g = 6800 gallons (2 tenths of a cent per gal)

Essentially you’re looking at ~3.2 cents per gallon, and just the jacks 5-12-26 will last for 3150 gallons - for me that’s hundreds of full grows.

10 Likes

$39 on Amazon has everything you need and been using since 2005 bromigo

Ive used this line before. That starter pack only gets you through one harvest. 2 at the most. It worked pretty well. Their rooting gel is the best on the market.

These are the big ones I get nowadays…I just recommend these kits so they can try it out…if they like they can start buying the super sized ones like me…I will not use any other nutes…I have been using these in my SWC/TRON, DWC & soil grows since 2005

1 Like

Cheaper and fool proof.