What are you paying at the gas pump

Hold onto your ass. The plan for a massive tax hike is in place. Unfortunately, people will have to use their common sense when they vote now. They will have to avoid worries about whose feelings are getting hurt, and fire the puppet regime and their minions :wave::wave::wave:

Buh-bye

1 Like

Hey -can’t we keep conversations CIVIL- and stop political grand-standing for ‘our team’??
Not everyone shares each others views on politics, religion, etc… and trying to ‘convert’ others to our personal beliefs doesn’t belong on the boards unless THAT BOARD is about THAT topic.
People want to have a discussion about the topic at hand- not a debate about each others personal beliefs.
Cannabis and Growing are what unite us regardless of other views-- to attempt ‘division among the ranks’ doesn’t belong on OG. (JMO)

6 Likes

Was 3.30something 2weeks ago, dropped to 2.99 gotta go fill up!

1 Like

At Costco it is now $4.18 in Fullerton.

3.50 Canadian dollar per liter in the Netherlands

1 Like

Nw BC is 1.72/L fuel is always more in your neck of the woods.

Wow that is Crazy!

1 Like

Ouch! Thought Costco was supposed to be cheaper?? Or was it?

Main reason I won’t own an infinitit anymore. Had a 06 m45 and a 2012 m37 back in the days. Loved those cars. Put 300k on the m37 but the added costs of premium and brakes/tires grew tiresome

Paid 1.57 per L for regs today

Lol 2 plus year old post

That is as cheap as can be found. Aren’t you lucky not to have to pay that?

Ugh

Anyone here use propane to heat your house in the winter? When I first bought my house 5 years ago it was much cheaper to heat my house using my propane furnace over electricity. Now i have to use 3 portable electric oil radiators instead because the propane has become unaffordable to heat my house with, i am probably going to install a wood fire stove to heat with in winter because fuck this on grid life lol. Unreal, thanks carbon tax!!!

2 Likes

We do… but our mortgage lender (credit union) has a group-buying program that’s kept it… fairly reasonable I think?

TBH I didn’t even look to see what we were paying this past winter. It’s been pretty reasonable when I paid more attention to it (we do own our tank which I understand makes a big difference, my daughter’s classmate’s family were paying like 3 or 4 times as much as us a few winters ago).

1 Like

Yea, i own my tank as well. Its 3 times more expensive as it was a few years back in the winter and at its cheapest its doubled usually in the warmer months sobi try and fill in the summer now if needed but in barely using any propane now. Its much cheaper to run electric heaters now. Which is also more than what I used to pay for gas as well. Cant win.

1 Like

I know there’s growing pressure to convert to heat pumps… but I feel like that wouldn’t entirely make sense for us unless we also redo our roof and put solar panels on it? Probably a good thing to do long-term but my wife is fed up with rural living so we may end up moving.

I wonder if I have any paperwork from one of our fill-ups to see what we were paying this past winter. I would think it would’ve registered if it went up by that much.

1 Like

I left the city to get into rural life because the city i was living in became unaffordable and way too busy, lived there for 40 years and in the last 10 years it has become ine of the worst places to live (Toronto). I had a small house and was able to sell it and had enough to buy a 4 acre property outright with a home 2 times bigger and zero neighbours that sre close. Acres of forest between lots. I couldnt go back to city dwelling but its getting much more expensive to live in rural areas now as well. Like house insurance just got pushed up100 a month because of fires nowhere near this area…. Car insurance went up 75 a month because i own a jeep wrangler and its one of the cars being targeted in Toronto to steal so i pay more even though i live hours away from the city and in the middle of nowhere. Oh yea, my property was re evaluated to be worth a couple hundred thousand more than when i bought so property taxes have been raised by an average of 100 a month, we all know the price of gas, we went from $1.00 per litre when i moved here just 5 years ago to average 160.00 a litre so couple hundred extra a month in gas, not sure how people are surviving right now. Thankfully my car and house are paid off or i would be unable to make payments and its just my wife and I, never had kids. Not sure how people are doing it with payments and a family. Sad times for sure

2 Likes

I’m in a group chat with a bunch of old housemates from 30+ years ago, and someone posted a listing for the shithole of a house we lived in. $1.6M, no interior photos, listing says “Being Sold As-Is”

It was a fairly dangerous neighborhood when we lived there, but it’s a stone throw from several colleges. Bought to rent to students I’m sure.

When we lived there the colleges told their students to never set foot in that neighborhood.

It would take a lot to get me to move back to the Boston area. Still love it, but it’s changed a lot ($$$$). Last time I looked Toronto makes Boston look cheap.

What area did you move too? I’d love to get out of the city. I’m 3hrs from GTA and prices here are just as bad as Toronto.

1 Like

Nothing to see here. Jk, you may want to focus on the integral
ch

1 Like

Here in So. Cal I paid $3.99 a gallon today.