What are you paying at the gas pump

Paid $4.49 for 91 non ethonal yesterday for the fun whip.

1 Like

Was pleasantly surprised at $3.05 today in western Oklahoma…down $.14 from yesterday ……still to Fukien much and not even close enuf for my VOTE….the way I see it gas companies would have to send me a rebate check every month for a couple of years to even come close to payback

3 Likes

Well, you could have a useless governor like we do in California that drafts laws to stop the gouging by taxing oil company profits but then refuses to send it for a vote. He is apparently waiting for ‘donations’ (read bribes).

2 Likes

Yes that’s if the cables aren’t cut off due to the high scrap price for copper

Still paying too much. The ‘adults’ are mystified as to how their policy is failing. At this rate…

2 Likes

Yep-- you know it’s a holiday weekend when the gas price goes up 40±cents 2 days before!
Was $3.07 now $3.48…
And now Michigan is talking about removing the gas tax and making people pay a yearly fee based on how many miles they drive-AND adding toll roads!!
WTF!?

1 Like

Today, in my city, $157.9 per liter. Atleast it’s not $170.9 still gezz.

Where the hell do you live!? Alaska??

1 Like

@Lady.Zandra63 Kingston, Ontario, Canada

That’s $124 U.S Dollars per litre??? How do you folks DRIVE ANYWHERE!!!

1 Like

I suspect missing decimal points… not that US $5/gal is cheap, but it’s certainly in the right direction and doesn’t at all tempt me to start a business arbitraging away the difference. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Bossier City, Louisiana- $2.77 gallon

Wow… most of you in the US have pretty cheap gas prices. :astonished:

3 Likes

Just checked.

1 Like

Dumb question, but isn’t that in Canadian cents though? Not Canadian dollars. So it isn’t $156.90 CAD per liter, it’s $1.569 CAD per liter.

I can’t speak to all cases, but for the most part in the US when people say it’s $3.69 per gallon, it’s actually $3.699.

2 Likes

You are correct.

2 Likes

Depending what gas station I go to…
It is around $2.07 a liter (canadian dollars)

1 Like

FWIW there is a certain amount of logic behind things like this (frustrating as it may be). Gas taxes are often used to pay for road repairs, etc, but with the high price of gas people aren’t driving as many miles (on the whole, obviously individual people may be driving the same amount or more) and therefore aren’t buying as much gas (generating less gas tax income for the state). Also, the trend is toward more and more efficient vehicles… so again, less money coming in. Electric vehicle owners aren’t paying gas taxes at all… even less money.

2 Likes
1 Like

They are talking about folks using a gizmo in their cars that track and report mileage and we pay taxes based on miles driven… not everyone has the extra $$ to pay in ‘chunks’… but I think people paying property taxes should get a different rate or discount, since they keep telling us rural folks that our taxes keep going up to ‘maintain our roads’ when they DON’T!

5 Likes