What are you smoking today? Vol. 2 (Part 1)

Flushing is “bro science” to many growers so I try not to make waves, but maaan… I really can’t stand the nuggs I didn’t flush! :fearful: Some people say its all in my head, but then what the heck is that bad taste and harsh feeling in my lungs that just seems wrong!!!

I have only heard 7 days of flushing mentioned in hydro grow books, all the older grow books I have that focus on soil growing say things like “Don’t feed the plants anything past day 30 of flower” so there is some ambiguity in the message…of course, in those books they were feeding organics and not salts. When I first started working at CCG they flushed for 3 days and people looked at me weird for coming in saying that I flush hydro for 19 days. But my buds taste was always on point, even if it was freshly dried and not yet cured. Always.

And of note: the one study I have found on flushing cannabis concluded that flushing didn’t affect yield nor quality and resulted in cost savings from less nutrient usage :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

All good to know. Thanks again @herojuana.tom .
:cowboy_hat_face:
:pray:t5:

1 Like

YMMV! There was this study that says I am wrong :joy:

Of course, who were the testers? Gen-Z kids who love hype strains, or old heads from the 70’s? :joy:
:raised_hands:

2 Likes

Well, I have some hanging that will let me know what I prefer. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Flush is bullshit , thinking the plant will be “clean” from a week or two on plain water . Yeah right , doesn’t work that way . The flush gives you inferior plants :seedling: n my opinion , but just my opinion .I have done side by side on this decades ago , why I will not flush I’ll feed till chop day

6 Likes

Now thats a Rolling Paper !!!
Happy Huffing @scotchlock

He’s making a foot long pinner. Needs more dope.

1 Like

Yup, that why I was leaving the caveat that YMMV; to each their own. I have done years of testing myself and have had tons of positive feedback from my results. And my latest batches dried in the Cannatrol have proven to me without any doubt that the unflushed nuggs are harsh, smoky, and taste strongly like chlorophyll… Or maybe my Cannatrol just sucks… but with everyone talking about how they need to cure their weed before it is smokable (which seems to be what I am experiencing with my unflushed nuggs) – and my heavily flushed weed being perfectly tasty and smokable as soon as it has dried – draws me to a separate conclusion.

5 Likes

Rolled a couple and packed a couple, wife’s expecting friends from work. A couple of them burn, I hope they can handle OG weed☮️

14 Likes

Might be differences in feed too, my plants are not green at harvest. Havent seen N in 6 weeks or so.

Appreciate your findings, here, i do not find it that way. I know how knowledgeable you are, so not arguing with you, we just dont agree is all :smile:

2 Likes

Totally concur! You don’t use any N in flower? I want to try your feed cycle one of these rounds. I use the Lucas formula (well… I feed only maxibloom in flower as an equivalent to Lucas) and DO notice a MAJOR decrease in quality if I veg with high-N versus vegging with Lucas…high N --even in veg-- results in higher yield but a lower final quality to me

3 Likes

My plants don’t always fade to yeller or purple but some strains I grow do.

2 Likes

My plants always fade when I flush them. They stay green much longer if I don’t. I will test any viable suggestion that might result in a better final quality

1 Like

Ran Lucas in my water farms, had 8 8 site units. WORST RUN of my life, hated the formula, KNOW NOW why , but didnt back then.

YES, my ladies see no added N afer week 5, they see like 1/1/5 ratio week 6-chop, very little N. So some N , but IT DOES NOT MATTER , its the RATIO the plant see’s n uses, at least in my Octopots. I do not get chlorofil nor grass nor green smells nor taste, MANY here have tried my bud, maybe some will chime in.

Since Cannatrol been playing with it. What i find works here, is 10 days in Cannatrol, then 2 weeks in Grove bags in my cooler. I DO NOT find the Cannatrol does anything other than dry well. IT DOES NOT CURE…TIME CURES…ran a batch , then split them. 1/2 stayed in Cannatrol for 30 days after the dry, one half in Groves at 52F . I cant tell them apart

3 Likes

Yeah, not talking about pretty fall colors, when i say fade, i mean losing it’s green , using up all its N and robbing from leaf’s. Cannabalizm

Some culitvars express rainbow colors (WC Mac ) in the fade, other just loose the “glow” , become dull and off color, pretty much up to genetics if your not in cold country.

1 Like

For sure I understood you, I get more yellowing outside than inside, they look like my silver maple trees here in the fall. I have a couple indoor within weeks to finish. I’m trying plain water to see if they yellow or whatever they do with being flushed with plain water.

1 Like

Afgooey. Such a pleasant high. Looks boo boo, pulled at day 70, but really enjoyable to smoke

28 Likes

mac daddy has a scent/flavor that i can only describe as “frostberry” i think is what the scandonavians call it. the closest strain ive had to the total makeup of the scent would be freezeland, like pine berry with a sort of creamy finish, hints of juniper maybe. it grows on you, its not the typical baked goods stuff these days. taste is more hashy maybe sort of creamy, smoke from it smells like afghani. buzz is more gentle than mac1 up front but with a rush of energy, focus and the droopy eyed pain relief of gdp there too. i can feel the focus wearing off a bit and the indica coming through more so its less social maybe more medical.
something is going on here commercial rec buds are all sticky as shit now. some still taste like ass but quality is up this week from a few places.

3 Likes

:yum: its been year since I’ve had afgooey.

2 Likes

I have some Afgooey beans.
I had an outside plant of Island Sweet Skunk. Did that same thing. Ugly buds but frickin’ ass-kicking smoke.
ZERO bag appeal.

5 Likes