What are your growing costs?

Close to texas, in certain areas in arkansas. But it’s always been that way here even when all we could get was bricked up dirt it was expensive, there’s a lot of greedy folks around here.

1 Like

Preach. All to familiar with the crap available in Arkansas and the dry spells it goes through.

1 Like

Damn @Dewb tell you’re buddies you got lots of friends in Cali. Just kidding. Those numbers are nuts. Glad you can hook/help your friends and such. Sounds expensive there. EDIT: Fuck that’s expensive!

As do I. I remember utterly disbelieving that any herbal cannabis could possibly be as good as the terrible solid I was getting at the time. Obviously the herbal was much better :wink:

That was over 25 years ago now though.

For my current system,setup costs were £1 per gram (I have cheated slightly and used my internal cost price for the doser), running costs were £0.50 per gram. I have been concentrating on efficiency and yield lately and so the running costs/gram has shifted to about £0.40. I pay £0.165 per KW/h.

I would say my overall cost per gram is about £0.50 or £14.20 per Oz ($0.71 per g, $20 per Oz). Equipment amortized over 10 crops, bulbs included in running costs.

I do recall that about 15 years ago, the cost per Oz was about £10. The majority of this cost increase has been electricity price rises which at the time were (IIRC) closer to £0.095 per KW/h.

Obviously setup costs are spread over many cycles.

I have an automatic doser, my days of staying home to babysit are also over, and I get that lovely indoor quality and multiple crops per year :wink:

2 Likes

maybe i should weigh my next harvest to figure out my per gram cost. i think i pay under 0.09 per kWh and thats canadian dollars… so like under 0.045 GBP per kWh :joy: :joy:

This should help reduce the electric bill. The solar panel company wants to add 12 more panels. :smile:

I think if I switch over to LED, I might approach net zero.

4 Likes

is that at no cost to yourself?? manitoba has some type of solar panel incentive of 1$ per watt installed (min. 1kw) and they’ll finance up to 3$ per watt installed but they don’t tell you the price, i think it’s up to the consumer to find their own quotes and installation. i imagine it would end up costing the consumer quite a bit still. any system over 10kW needs a customer-paid feasibility study.

https://www.hydro.mb.ca/environment/solar.shtml

That is correct.

The electricity I produce, I also purchase at 50% of typical cost, and all excess is sold to the grid at cost. Whenever they can’t produce enough, I draw from the grid.

If everything works out, I should get a very small or negative electric bill.

2 Likes

Installation is tomorrow.

They’ll sit up there for a couple, while the permits are passed, and then we up and runnin.

Bring on the LED’s

I am cutting costs and makin’ juice.

2 Likes

This is stupid, but I am not complaining.

In hooking up my new panels, I had to unfreeze my credit which took 5 minutes and 3 phone calls.

For the inconvenience, the solar panel company sent me this

2 Likes

I’m in Vancouver right now and I’ve seen grams go for as high as $14
“cans” as they call them go for $85 (7g)
The buds my friends give me for free are as good or better
There is a Canada day farmers market that I’m hoping to see a higher quality product

1 Like

Hard to beat free!

The thought of a farmers market with cannabis on display is very appealing.

3 Likes

I’ll try to snap some pics if you’re curious

1 Like

I thought about clearing a large section (Well, it’s already cleared, I decided not to build a 3500 sq ft home (whoops)) and installing a large solar array complete with storage system and sell power back to the electric company too.

I haven’t looked into it yet but I feel like I got a good site for that with all the clearing I did.

2 Likes

I don’t think I can narrow it down per gram because I don’t have a scale, but I can average per plant.
Soil $200
Mega Crop $20
Seeds/Clones $250
Tools/Supplies $300 (these should really be amortized though, as they can be re-used)
Water $60

Total $830 x 17 plants this season $48.82 per plant approx

WINNING

1 Like

Do you want to know what I actually pay or what I tell my wife it costs?

7 Likes

SO MUCH THIS lol. I think @anon32470837 may be in the same mindset too lol.

I don’t have a real total of specifics, but I have around 450$ in my light, 200$ on my cab (would be more, but i’m an upcycler) and with my first grow in it i pulled 13.25 ounces… Street value here of around 240$/oz for a total of $3,180.

You first grow will usually give you a ROI as long as you don’t run into too many issues.

3 Likes

hahahahaha!! Exactly!

I have done two grows so far this year. I ended up with somewhere around 950 grams dry total. Im guessing I have about $1200-$1500 invested in those two grows including start up costs for lights, tent, seeds, nutes, tools, etc etc etc.

Around here, the cheapest you can buy any dried bud is $10/gm, so I have grown a minimum of $9500 worth of pot for an investment of $1500. That means my growing has “saved” me at least $8000.

Thats where I stop when Im talking to my wife. :slight_smile:

The part I leave out is that I only use about 40 grams/month. That means its going to take me about two YEARS to use up all that pot. I was spending about $200/month before I started growing, but my usage has doubled now that I can afford to take as much as I need instead of being limited by what I could afford.

Once you get past the initial investment, the on-going costs are not that much. My electric cost me an extra $35 or so a month. Nutes and other supplies seem to be running around an additional $50-$75/grow, but I also spend a good bit on making changes to the grow - like switching to hydro, and then changing again to HPA.

Still, if you are buying bud now, growing will (maybe) save you a good bit.

2 Likes

That’s one reason I opted to start a Co-Op between 5 friends when I started. I didn’t want to get into selling the stuff and I didn’t want to just give away all my hard work either. Each member kicked in $500, which afforded us a great foundation. We’ll each (hopefully) walk away with our money’s worth on the first grow, so the rest is gravy. We’ll be splitting the future costs as well so it will be a lot easier to justify with the Mrs!

4 Likes