What causes PM

Trying to learn more about PM, what causes it, how to prevent it. And what to do when encountering. This place has been such a wealth of knowledge appreciate you all. Leaving veg for flower soon and worried about PM. Usually run temps of 78f and / 78RH during veg

2 Likes

Here’s an excerpt from my book (which is available on here for free :slight_smile: )

here you are :slight_smile: Free Grow Book (E-book) For Newbies/Beginners

4 Likes

Just make sure your drawing some fresh air in through you passive intake and run a clip on fan in your tent. Try not to over water.

3 Likes

I don’t have intake fan I just let my exhaust fan suck in air when it cycles on and then my oscilating fan is above a vent tk help pull in too

2 Likes

I would leave it on just put it at a reasonable speed. It’s sounds like your good. Watch your water.

1 Like

Been going light but need to saturate them this weekend for a trip

1 Like

Go ahead, I would saturate by doing a few small feedings close in time and try not to worry to much. :rofl:

Just keeping moving air and keeping SOG setups defoliated so there’s room for everything to flow and u should be good, indoor Id water every 7-10 days, top soil usually dries in a day or two to keep an eye on moisture levels

2 Likes

I’m in coco. What is SOG? I got some lower plant leaves that almost are touching / blocking soil. I have to lift them to water. Should I take those out for better airflow to prevent mold?

if you are leaving and worried about PM, I’d err on the side of caution and bring the humidity down a bit. (More air flow and/or a dehumidifier.) 78% RH is borderline high imo. With that high of a RH your carbon filter (if you’re are using one) probably won’t be as efficient as it can either.

edit: sorry I’m stoned and thought you were leaving your garden for a vacay lol. If you are just moving from veg to flower and worried about RH being almost 80%… well in that case I would be!

1 Like

I can lower RH what do you think? 75? 73?

And would you dial temp down too?

Leaving for vacay as you mentioned

How long the trip? sea of green, aka wall to wall of plants.
If they aren’t really getting light anyways from the upper part of the conopy I’d pluck em, general rule of thumb is keeping top 3 nodes of fan leaves, anything else pluck since they don’t need to rely on the stored nutrients having a caretaker feeding em (you)

like 60-65%RH MAX in Veg. (unless you are running C02 and have temps higher).

40-60%RH in Flower. (Can be higher earlier, you’ll want it lower later in flower.)

Oh wait, you are leaving for Vacay? Unless you have automated watering or someone to water for you I have no idea how you will leave coco unwatered for days. (I was watering my coco twice a day when I ran coco.)

2 Likes

5 nights….

I just did a test run made it 3 days no water. I’ll have someone to water once.

2 Likes

Better look for a plant sitter or figure out an automated, coco is def more babysitting than soil organics. Last time I was in home Depot they had a bitchin autowater drip line setup on clearance, maybe check out what they got to automate while ur gone and maybe long-term if u like it

2 Likes

So I think I lost them. Went to go trim up lower leaves and noticed my fabric pots all have some white moldy looking stuff on them… guessing I got PM?
Plants don’t have shit on them though

2 Likes

Watch what you touch with that mold on the glove.