What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

Holy jeez that sounds incredible. I’ve tried the cast iron over the years but it’s too much work for me lol. But I do have a nice cast iron pot that I use to cook stews and stuff on our woodstove sometimes.

2 Likes

Sourdough Rye bread. I got the starter on ebay it said it was 150 year old yeast strain from a Parisian bakery in San Francisco.

12 Likes

Awesome. Man that looks yummy. I was just getting to bread baking before I moved up here. I need to get that started again. I bought the book “the Bread Baker’s Apprentice”. It’s cool stuff and I hope to learn it still. I made some great Ciabatta loaves. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I think I’ll use more starter next time, its a bit flat. Also need to perfect forming, folding it over stretching it.

People use Dutch Oven or with some kind of cover which also helps keeps shape, but I just popped this onto my pizza stone and let it bake at 450. Pretty happy with how it came out first try. 9/10 flavor gonna make a steak sandwich with it tonight

4 Likes

Did you adjust the amount of yeast you used based on your elevation as opposed to sea level for San Fran?

3 Likes

2nite I made roasted red peppr cream saus on top a butternut sqwash raviioli. Organic. GF. Vegan. 100% ho-made.

4 Likes

I used only natural leavening so no added yeast, The recipe was 500g flour, 200g starter , 300ml water and 10g salt

I’ll add 250g or 300g of starter and a bit less water next time.

3 Likes

Ruffed Grouse seared in garlic butter tonight, with steamed asparagus and Japanese rice.

13 Likes

My favorite munchies when stoned…

(Not a potato chip fan)

Edit: They are great in cream of tomato soup as well

3 Likes

I made some spruce grouse nuggets a couple weeks ago…wasnt impressed lol roughed tastes way better

3 Likes

A lot of people I know won’t even shoot Sprucies. Too “gamey” they say. I love them, personally. Not as good as Ruffies and Blues, but still delicious. The trick is to sear them to no more than medium rare. The longer they are cooked the worse they get. We often eat them “tataki” style.

3 Likes

I shake n baked then pan fried them… over cooked them as well. Almost too gamey to eat, had to struggle through honestly. I’ve passed on about 20 the last 2 times out

3 Likes

If you aren’t squeamish about rare meat, I highly recommend trying it that way. A lot of people treat it like chicken and cook the shit out of it. This is unnecessary. Make up a batch of blueberry or elderberry compote to drizzle over it. Fan-fucking-tastic.

4 Likes

I looked it up after you mentioned it… I dont think I could do it lol. My girlfriend would be all over that method though, she will eat raw ground beef :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: <-- closest to puke face

2 Likes

Salsa chicken

Chicken
Taco seasoning
Jar of salsa

Put in a Crock-Pot then shredded then served on tortillas with cheese like the juicest chicken burrito ever

6 Likes

How juicy? This is my plate after one

1 Like

Yes! I make this for lunch all week at work very frequently. I like to use green salsa with mine.

2 Likes

You could feed a village with that!

2 Likes

Damn you can cook another chicken in that delicious broth!

1 Like

I’ll have to give the green kind a try last time I used pineapple salsa