What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 1)

Nice!! We do that with a cow too!! And of course about 6 deer per season Iā€™d say. Then fish any time it isnā€™t cold. I loved fishing so much my grandpa built me a pond, then a lake lol that we stocked from the major lakes full of brim and bass! We donā€™t do gator hunting/ shrimping/crawfishing any more, just buy those now.

1 Like

How do you get that many deer per person lol we get one tag a year second if we get pulledā€¦ lol. Love me some gaiter. We do a ton of waterfowl and we have lakes all around us so we fish those waters, bass salmon and trout are usually what weā€™re afterā€¦ we like to do craw fishing while we fish for the day, and usually get a great boil out of it. We crab trap too. Every year we get around 15 to 20 cotton tails with bow on the propertyā€¦ Which are great for stews. Jerky. You name it.

I saw every season lol I read wrong

Well we get like 6 tickets. If you hit a doe on accident, it counts as a buck. But our season is like bow only/ black powder/ rifle. 4 bucks or so. 2 doe, with restrictions on when you kill them so you donā€™t get a momma.

2 Likes

Awesome, we only can tag oneā€¦ but I do hunt the three seasons. Thatā€™s cool about the doe too. If we shoot em without a tag you get your license pulled.

Thatā€™s way cool, thats a ton of meat!!!

Not in this version - though, that may not be bad to try on the next batch. :man_cook:

This was the recipe I used as a foundation.

Not in the recipe:
Added ground sage sausage, a couple drops of liquid smoke, and extra potatoes (about 2 cups more than it called for), and blended those in with the milk for a thicker consistency with the immersion blender.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For us, itā€™s like, oh shit I got a button buck thought it had horns, so it counts as a buck. You can hit a doe and sacrifice a buck. Every one wants a 6 point or better. I donā€™t shoot mommas. I only shoot turkey, wild hog, man deer, and they are eaten.

2 Likes

Bean pies are delicious :yum:
Make your own. You can buy pie shells. Longest time is spent soaking beans overnight to boil the next day

I have seen some online sites but some people receive broken pies after several days shipping. A custard pie should be delivered in 24 hours :yum:. For the Insane prices I can bake several pies and use whatever spices I want in the filling and the crust ā€¦ I like homemade crust of wheat flour butter allspice and ice water.

Native American heritage.

Also, our deer here, the white tail are pretty small. And, freaking smart. they arenā€™t the dumb asses lining Texas like hit me if you can. They come out late at night to eat the corn, salt lick covered in molasses.

2 Likes

I googled this and I am without a doubt interested. Recipes online show use can beans, donā€™t like that idea. So, Iā€™ll soak them like you suggest. Then basically season like a pumpkin pie?

1 Like

Recipe is very similar to mine I also ad a can of Cream of celery and a can of cream of chicken a good load of butter and And some sour cream at serving time

1 Like

Iā€™ll take some spam and bread.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget mayo, or salad dressing I mean miracle whip and some jalapeƱos and cheese!!!

I think you should cook that a little longer :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yes to spices used in pumpkin pie or sweet potato pies. Some folks use pumpkin spice in their bean pie. I use vanilla or lemon extract; and cinnamon ginger nutmeg cloves spice powder in the filling. Cream the cinnamon with butter and sugar.

Canned beans have salt and some have preservatives. Dry Navy beans are cheap, excellent for protein and fiber. I rinse beans
to remove any debris. soak beans in tap water overnight in a bowl in the refrigerator. I donā€™t add salt or oil to water used to cook beans. Cooked beans are easily pureed in food processor or blender

1 Like

I eat this stuff every dayā€¦
Mixed in with my edibles.

5 Likes

Trying new things since I donā€™t have any taste lol,also made beef curry for the wifeā€™s dinner used a grass fed Chuck roast it was on special sliced thin dipped in some flour with curry powder salt pepper then fried for a minute each side to get a quick sear

14 Likes

Have a look at:

or these:

You probably want a column still.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Is thisā€¦ a mking ice cream sammich!!!???