Cooking with Cannabis

I’m missing this classical topic here…

How to make great cannabis pancakes?

I’m using resinous leaves and leftovers after harvest (trimming buds). I always start with cleaning the material by boiling it first in water and after then moved it to the milk (use fat milk). I’m boiling in milk for about 30-40 minutes on low flame. For increased effect I use to add bit of butter as cannabinoids dissolve in fat. After that you just wheeze the milk and you are ready with first part.

For the pancakes, you sift together the flour, baking powser, salt and ugar. Pour in the canna milk (with melted butter) and one egg and mix until it is very smooth.

Then heat frying pan over medium high heat then pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake.

Enjoy! :fork_and_knife::baby_bottle:

What are your favorite recipes?

9 Likes

Thanks, looks tasty… i like it…must try. Im often preparing canna butter, with which one can do almost anything :slight_smile:

Favorite recpie? Cookies :smiley: from canna butter and canna choco (killer combo)

2 Likes

i am mostly milk guy, it is easy to made … easier than butter which i tend to incinerate :confused:

2 Likes

i cant have milk so i soak bud in honey or agave nectar.

2 Likes

Faves:

Popcorn with cannabutter…
Infused Marshmallows…

Things I would like to try.

Smoked salmon with cannabis or infused. I think the herbal flavor should pair well with the smoke and fish.

Infused Vinaigrette, might work well, I actually enjoy the flavors of cannabis, its a shame that people try to disguise the flavor of it,

2 Likes

Smashing pancakes.:smiley:

2 Likes

Ingredients and equipment

First of all, you will need about half a gram of weed for each cracker you will make. Figure out how many crackers you expect to make and acquire the right amount of weed accordingly. Secondly, you will need Ritz crackers, Saltine crackers, Jacobs crackers, or some other similar type of cracker that go well with peanut butter.

Now for the peanut butter: you should make sure that it is a type of peanut butter that has plenty of peanut oil. It should be non-hydrogenated as well. Unfortunately, Jif and Skippy brands of peanut butter do not have enough peanut oil in them — and that means they won’t work for this recipe. Go for another brand. You can also use Nutella or a chocolate spread instead of peanut butter if you prefer. Crunchy peanut butter is also perfectly fine to use.

Next, you will need an item to mix together your peanut butter and the marijuana. This should be something small, like a toothpick. You should also have scissors of some sort or else a coffee grinder on hand to cut up the marijuana with. Make sure there’s enough tin foil to cover and store the crackers when they’re done. Finally, you will also need an oven

How to make firecrackers
First, you will need to bake your marijuana. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. While you wait for it to heat up, take scissors and cut up the marijuana into tiny pieces. A coffee grinder will also do the job thoroughly and quickly; the finer the pieces of marijuana, the better it will work for your weed peanut butter crackers.

Once the oven is ready, you can put your marijuana inside a tin foil bowl of sorts to hold the marijuana. Leave it in for about a quarter of an hour, then check on the weed. If it is extremely powdery or dusty, they have been baked for the perfect amount.

Baking your marijuana is a highly important part of creating a weed firecracker. The reason for this is that it needs to be decarboxylated. Decarboxylation means that the THCA turns into THC. This can only occur when the marijuana is dried out enough — this drying process is accomplished through baking the weed. This process automatically happens when you smoke or vaporize marijuana since it is heated up enough for the decarboxylation process to take place. If you forget to bake your marijuana, you won’t feel a thing from your peanut butter pot cookies, so be sure not to forget.

The next thing you should do is turn up the oven to approximately 300 degrees Fahrenheit, then wait for ten to fifteen minutes. Put a thick layer peanut butter (regular peanut butter without any weed yet) on both sides of each cracker (up to a centimeter). Then take your freshly baked marijuana and sprinkle it on half of the peanut butter crackers. Leave the other half for sandwiching it later.

Take your toothpick or other mixing tool and mix the peanut butter with the marijuana, doing so as thoroughly as possible on top of the cracker. You want as much weed as you can to touch peanut butter. When you’re done with that, sandwich the crackers together and wrap them up in tin foil.

Place the wrapped up peanut butter weed crackers onto a cookie sheet and into the oven and bake them for 20 minutes. Once the twenty minutes have passed, up the heat level to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit and leave it for another two minutes. Remove the freshly baked weed peanut butter cookies from the oven and set them to the side until they have cooled off. Now you are free to enjoy your delicious marijuana firecrackers!

Original source:http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com

3 Likes

Hello all!
I just made it back thanks to Subcool’s youtube channel.
This is my go to never fails and is quick.
Shortbread
1.25 cups flour
3 Tablespoons sugar (I substitute 4 tablespoons honey often)
half cup butter (cannabutter)

Combine flour and sugar in a bowl then give a good stir with a butter knife. Add butter to bowl and use same butter knife to cut it into the flour mixture until it looks like bread crumbs. Take the mixture and knead it together for a minute or so but don’t let it melt to much. Put it in the freezer while you turn the oven to 325 degrees and grease a cookie sheet. When the oven is hot make the dough into disks with your hands or roll it out and cut out cookies and place on cookiesheet. Bake for 25 minutes and let cool.
If you add cardamom, cinnamon, orange zest, salt to the flour it is good, but it is pretty easy to spice to your taste.

5 Likes

Right this minute I am enjoying a bowl of Oatmeal with cannabutter, cinnamon, salt, and barely a dash of cayenne for a bite. Love to start the day right.

1 Like

I want to bump this because i like eating lots of cannabis.

Every night i pluck a few leaves and suckers to put in my nightly smoothy. It keeps me off the Ben & Jerry habit. I just rinse and use.

Normal recipe
leaves (handful)
Frozen cherries
banana
two peeled oranges
tumeric (start slow acquired taste)
cinnamon
cayenne (dash again acquired taste)
blackpepper (i know i am weird)
milk

I have a big beer stein i got in Germany that i put everything in. Then i use an immersion blender and spin till blended. Obviously you could use a blender. Also please use your own imagination with spices. Honey and vanilla with a dash of cinnamon is perfectly fine.

7 Likes

I wanted to bump this again and throw out there that when you eat raw cannabis (uncooked) there is no way to get high. Unless you have an internal temperature of 200 - 300 degrees you have nothing to worry about. Raw leaves or bud for me have never gotten me high. However i read an article where somebody consumed leaves and drank some juice that decarboxylated whatever cannabinoids that where present. To me it sounds like urban rumor, but somebody might know better.

3 Likes

Anybody enjoy tincture?

4 Likes

eat a gram of 99% heads drysift and then rethink what you said thereXD

2 Likes

Are you asking me to eat a gram of hash? Only in the evening when i don’t have anything to do the next day. Seriously though A gram of bud with 30 % cannabinoids slowly digesting in my system wouldn’t effect me. Take that same bud slowly saute in butter and add water and oatmeal, then eat. You know have an edible that works.

1 Like

yeah dude. get some real high quality hash, roll it up. eat it. id say start at half gram. but i know itll mess you right upXD no need to activate it.

2 Likes

No doubt. They sell oil and kief capsules here that will floor you for days if you aren’t careful. I save high dose edibles for special occasions. They can be extremely psychedelic, but also cause panic attacks.

2 Likes

Here is a great article on THCa. This the nonpsychoactive component of cannabis. When you test herb you have thc and thca. When you hash it you concentrate all cannabinoids. That is why you can eat hash and get high. You are concentrating the naturally decarboxylated thc.

2 Likes

I read this and thought it worthy of sharing.
I like the idea of being able to use leaves that I would typically throw away after harvest.

Disclaimer:
I have not tried this recipe yet. After my next harvest, I want to give it a shot.:sunglasses:

How To Make Pot Chips Using the Leftover Leaves From Your Marijuana Harvest
In the spirit of the whole-plant movement, we are going to rock your cannabis world with pot-infused pot leaves.

By WW Contributor | Published October 3 at 5:47 PM
BY LAURIE WOLF

It’s harvest time, which means many Portlanders will soon be trimming their flowers. If you aren’t growing your own, you’ve probably got a friend who is. This also means that once you’ve pulled the flower, you’re going to have a bunch of fresh leaves you don’t know what to do with.

In the spirit of the whole-plant movement, we are going to rock your cannabis world with pot-infused pot leaves.

These pot chips are infused twice, once when brushed with infused oil and again when sprinkled with a cannabis spice mix. Here’s how to bring it all together, starting with the spice mix.

Step 1: Make the Cannabis Spice Mix

This mix will give you a light buzz. You can also sprinkle the spice mix on chicken or fish, or add it to a vinaigrette or marinade. I make a lot of this mix when my garden is at its peak. It seems to keep indefinitely in an airtight container. I have also added the dried herbs to olive oil or butter, and then it’s a quick drizzle rather than a sprinkle.

Ingredients:

1/4 oz. cannabis

1/4 oz. fresh lemon thyme

1/4 oz. oregano

Heat oven to 200 degrees. Place the herbs on a baking sheet with sides.

Place the herbs in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. The herbs will have dried and turned brown.

Allow the herbs to cool thoroughly.

Place the herb mixture in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.

Store in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and keep out of direct sunlight.

Step 2: Make the Cannabutter

The next step in the process is making the cannabis butter you’ll need for the pot chips. This butter can also go into home-cooked edibles like brownies. The first step is decarboxylation, the process of heating marijuana to turn the compound THCa to the psychoactive THC (see page 27 for a more detailed explanation). To activate your marijuana, finely grind the flower and spread it out on a baking sheet. Bake at 40 minutes, stirring regularly, in an oven preheated to 240 degrees.

Ingredients:

4 sticks butter or 16 oz. oil of your choice

1 oz. decarboxylated flower

In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. You can vary the amounts, just be sure that the marijuana is always floating two inches from the bottom of the pan.

Bring the water to a boil and add the butter or oil.

After the butter has melted, add the marijuana. Once the cannabis is added, the heat should be turned down, very low, to barely a simmer. Cook for 3 hours.

Set up a bowl to hold the finished product. There are a couple of ways to strain the mixture. Use a deep heatproof glass bowl with a fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth. You can also tie a double layer of cheesecloth around a large heatproof bowl with twine, making it taut across the top.

Strain the marijuana butter over the bowl, trying carefully not to spill. When the saucepan is empty, carefully undo the twine, pick up the cheesecloth from all four sides and squeeze out all of the remaining butter.

Allow the cannabutter to cool at room temperature for about an hour. Place in the fridge until the butter has solidified and separated from the water. The THC and other properties have attached to the butter, so you are just about there.

Run a knife around the edge and lift the butter off the water. Place upside down on your work surface and scrape off any plant matter and milk solids. Your cannabutter is ready to use. Store in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container.

Step 3: Make the Leaf Chips

Ingredients:

10-12 fresh cannabis leaves

1/8 cup cannabutter (see above)

4 tbsp. cannabis spice mix (see above)

Heat oven to 225 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with parchment, and lay the leaves on the parchment.

Brush the leaves with the infused butter or oil. Don’t turn them over. Lay another piece of parchment over the leaves.

Bake the leaves for 8-12 minutes. Check at 8 minutes. If the leaves are brittle, they are done. If they are still soft, return to the oven for a few more minutes until done.

Sprinkle spice mix on the leaves and serve.

4 Likes

We have a thread that is the same i believe.

2 Likes

Thanks @ryasco for the heads up!

2 Likes