What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

It tastes a little salty/briney and available at Amazon or Walmart…its great in salads…my friends loved it and they never had it before…it also has health benefits…google sea grapes.

Description

What is Lato Seaweed? This delectable seaweed that looks like tiny grapes is called lato or caulerpa lentillifera. It’s very popular in the Philippines and in Japan they call it umi-budo. Lato is an unusual looking and enigmatic seaweed. It’s not obvious at first sight, but they are edible and delicious. Caulerpa lentillifera, Sea Grapes, Latok, and Green Caviar are a few of the names for lato. It is a seaweed well known to the Philippines and close by countries. This seaweed variety is the main ingredient for a popular Filipino salad called “Ensaladang Lato” which translates to Seaweed Salad. This seaweed doesn’t grow on the seashore but in intertidal zones, close to mangroves. That kind of site is common in Palawan (Located in the Philippines) and the water temperature is perfect for the lato as it rarely goes down under 29 degrees Celcius. Lato seaweed grows at the bottom of the sea, between 3 and 5 meters deep, 3 meters for low tide, 5 meters for high tide.

6 Likes

Appears to be more than one plant named a sea grape. This is the one I know. The wood is used in at least one smoked fish recipe. IIRC Lemonwood, Sea Grape and Apple with a special sauce :slight_smile:

https://gardeningsolutions.ifas.ufl.edu/plants/trees-and-shrubs/trees/sea-grape.html

4 Likes

I have yet to try it but was thinking next time I make hummus I would use sesame oil. I make my own tahini as well :wink: Last time I did I used olive oil but have some sesame oil now. Just need to go get some sesame seeds to toast.

2 Likes

Not the same, these grow in the ocean…also known as Green Caviar…

After supper we had a blue bonfire…

7 Likes

Having last nights enchiladas for lunch.

17 Likes

College football and garage cleaning grilled steal tacos!!

16 Likes

15 Likes

I made keto pizza tonight, cauliflower base mixed with parmersan cheese and an egg, cooked for 15 minutes untill golden brown, cooled and topped with pasta sauce, green onions, sun-dried tomatoes and pickled jalapenos, more parmesan and welsh cheddar😋.

With the usual raspberries, cream, yoghurt and keto weed brownie on top.

14 Likes

This beautiful new addition to my life was delivered today! I am so excited. First use was toasting tortillas in oil for the tacos, on the griddle. Soooo convenient not having to pull out additional appliances. I am in love.

10 Likes

Jealous of that oven. I thought I moved up in life when I recently switched my 22 year old pos for a 15 year old pos :joy:

More pizza :pizza:. Tomato/ roasted red pepper sauce, roasted garlic and Spanish chorizo on a few. And mozz of course.

14 Likes

All Beef Hotdogs; boiled then pan seared on soft bun with bacon mayonaise, corn relish, and topped with shredded cheddar cheese.

Accompanied with a side of bacon-cheddar potato chips, and a Stoney’s Ginger Beer (South African import; burns sooo good, but not ANYTHING like a Jamaican* ginger beer {*which is also good, but not this.).

This beverage is soft & creamy on the pallet as you sip and swallow, but then out of nowhere…
WHAM! ← you’re sneezing with the burn!

14 Likes

Pork choppin on the grill

16 Likes

Steak tonight.

15 Likes

I like a good ginger beer myself, I wonder if I can make it, can’t be much sugar in it, I would of thought.

6 Likes

I love really spicy ginger beer. I used to drink the non alcoholic stuff all the time. Fentiman’s is my fav that I’ve tried. It’d be cool to try to make some, I could make it as spicy as I like.

Lots of good food posted tonight, I can’t even decide who’s door I’m gonna knock on for some freebies :thinking:

5 Likes

Just been looking at how to make it, pretty simple with natural fermentation, not much sugar needed, so that’s good. If you want it really fizzy just add a pinch of yeast.

5 Likes

:older_man::owl::sunglasses:

14 Likes

Black tea w/ maple syrup

Beans for chili. Cooking down overnight. House smells so good.

:drooling_face:

10 Likes

I too had hot dogs…here’s my pimped out hot dogs…

16 Likes

Still can’t taste anything :rofl:

11 Likes