What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

lol this looks like it tastes like weed

2 Likes

After Work at an Asian Bistro

14 Likes

13 Likes

This would be a good spot for new recipes…
I’m stuck with plain ol’.same ol’

Usually sit some chicken breast In a ziplock with water and salt / herbs /spices
Then throw on stove top and decide for.pasta. wraps…stir fry with rice.

11 Likes

Props! I too, made wings this weekend!

13 Likes

Looks good! I think you could get more mileage out of your flavors by cutting the water and making it a rub without having to change any other ingredients. Very little actually penetrates meat (salt is an exception because sodium ions are very small unlike the large molecules responsible for the flavor of the herbs and spices), so usually I just put salt on for about 30 minutes before I plan to cook it, then toss it with the spices shortly before cooking in a bowl of on a cutting board.

6 Likes

Okay thanks !

I take suggestions very well :slight_smile:

Way I see it, if someone’s taking the time to speak with you and explain something, it’s worth a listen :slight_smile:

I only recently started the baggy + water thing trying to add some flavour quickly as I was getting a lot of tasteless chicken.

It’s worked a little. It’s possible the spices i use have a salt base.

But I’d really much love get those flavours INTO the meat. That’s why I like cutting It up and frying as it seems atleast the bites have More flavour lol
Think I’ll throw it into some wraps tonight!

Thanks Joe, I find the baggy of water and raw chicken is scary also having all that rawness floating around the sink .

Rr

9 Likes

The good news is it looks like you have a lot of tasty ingredients involved and you’re doing a lot of things right. Cutting it into little bits is a good idea for a stir fry, because you’re increasing the surface area of the chicken and giving the spices a larger area to rest on.

3 Likes

There are other ways of cooking gizzards other than frying folks…

6 Likes

Another week, another Curry… rockin the Green Thai this time with Tofu, kale, Swiss chard, spinach etc

12 Likes

Chicken marsala :drooling_face::yum:

14 Likes

If you want your spices and herbs to flavour then its better to chop up the chicken like you do, then marinate in the fridge for 24 hours. Instead of water you can use yoghurt to mix your herbs and spices into. That will make your dish a bit more creamy. Or just dry rub like GlassJoeGrow said and leave in the fridge, the longer you leave it the more flavour it absorbs.

2 Likes

You can also add a bit of olive oil or sesame seed oil to the marinade. It will pick up the oils left in the spices and given enough time, infuse into the fat in the meat.

3 Likes

If I had a cuber at hand, I’d eat them on the regular. (Add also like to have a nice Hobart stand mixer and slicer but it is what it is, eh? that’s what you get for having worked with that type of equipment before!).

There is a place called Lindy’s in Tallahassee that has gizzards on the menu, I think they just use one of the pressure-cooking deep fryers though. They usually run out before lunch. If they are still in business these days.

I’ve also eaten them seasoned and pressure cooked to tenderness over rice. We thickened the broth to a nice gravy with corn starch.

2 Likes

I had a boiled egg and oatmeal with too much sugar.

2 Likes

Fried liver & gizzards are very popular in these rural towns…these are livers…would you eat these on a bed of rice, I did…btw, I didn’t cook this but I did cook the tender gizzards.

8 Likes

IME the best use of chicken livers is in pâtÊ

:+1:

2 Likes

Well that would depend these days on the salt content. I might and then again chicken livers are really good with salt :slight_smile: but not so great without. And you have to be really picky about the bile sacks and color or they can be bitter as quinine. But when they are right…mmmmhhhmmmm

1 Like

Homemade Carnitas ready to go in the oven. Slow cooked, then shredded and finished with the broiler to give it that crispy texture.

11 Likes

damn i love me some Curry!! i neeeeed some of that goodness!!

i have these espresso cookies for trade!

16 Likes