What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

Stuffed whole chicken & bacon…

15 Likes

More honey :honey_pot:

11 Likes

You can get some nigella sativa or black cumin seeds on amazon to mix with that honey, studies from India show it improves you immune system greatly, and fights viral infections better than ivermectin and chloroquinone and a couple of other anti virals.

8 Likes

Pizza. Giving most away. Wanted to use all my cheese but then ran out. Roasted red pep/ tomato sauce and mozz. Didn’t have anything else to put on it.

16 Likes

Dibs :grinning: I’ll take 2 please

8 Likes

cherries on top

12 Likes

10 Likes

Was the second pic taken 10 minutes after it came put the oven :thinking:

Whats that gooey cheesy mess it looks good :+1:

1 Like

that cheesy mess is Cheese :wink: Bergkäse/MountainCheese

1 Like

I did the rub this evening instead of in the bag.

I could tell right away that the spices we’re sticking much Better.

Is It a concern that’ the spices could hold the raw meat and not get cooked? Something I heard one time.

Either way it looks delicious tonight! Thank you again.

12 Likes

First meat, now pizza. Killing it in this thread!

1 Like

I rinse my chicken cooking utensil between stirring to avoid uncooked chicken juices.

I’m hard pressed to imagine the spice could retain raw juices in a pan hot enough to cook chicken through.

If you cover your pan as you cook chicken it will cook faster and retain moisture. A meat thermometer is a great investment too.

Looks good!

3 Likes

I think I should add the herbs and spices while starting to cook .

And also the salt before defint dehydrates the meat .

Thanks

3 Likes

As long as you’re cooking your meat to doneness, the spices should be fine. When you’re cooking meat there are basically two main objectives: to get the meat to a temperature where any of the likely pathogens in raw meat are dead and it’s safe to eat, and to brown the exterior (which is due to the Maillard reaction - Wikipedia).

The spices you’re using are likely to reach that temperature long before the pieces of meat do. They have less water in them (water takes a lot of energy to heat up by comparison to the proteins, fats, and carbohydrates that make up the rest of the food), and they’re in really small pieces. The herbs and dry spices will reach 165 F (safe temperature for chicken) way before the meat does, and anything in them that’s a pathogen will be dead. The last thing to cook will be the thickest part of the meat, which is why when you use a meat thermometer that’s the part you probe. If that part is fully cooked, the rest of it is even more cooked, so it’s all safe to eat.

6 Likes

Regarding the salting of meat, salted meat retains more moisture than unsalted. Here is a page out of the food lab, a cookbook I’ve enjoyed a lot by Kenji Alt-Lopez, one of the writers/editors at serious eats comparing wet-brined (soaked in brine for 8 hrs), dry-brined (salt on the surface overnight), soaked in plain water, and cooked with no soaking or salt of any kind:

9 Likes

Okay thanks!!!
I only.just read that about the salt dehydrating the meat lol

I appreciate your info :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t mean for it to be a “gotcha” comment, just wanted to let you know since I remembered reading something relevant

2 Likes

14 Likes

:slight_smile:
Thank you for taking time to share the page from your book!

Makes me question So much that I read on Google searches.

After I questioned the spice holding raw meat - I googled in and in that search I came across the “myth” od salting drying out meats. I still would like to figure out how to keep my chicken moist .

My cooking is very sporadic lol. Sometimes it’s delicious and moist and other days tasteless

I will have to record my cooking attempts and then strive for consistency.

Thanks again for following up :slight_smile:

3 Likes