What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

Mc nuggets :joy: first time ever having these bad boys and probably my last time,it’s as well my taste is gone.
Fuxk I put on 20lbs since I got sickimage

10 Likes

For cooking meat I really enjoy reading Meathead Goldwyn’s site amazingribs.com, it’s good for all things meat imo. If you’re the type who likes getting into the science of cooking, the aforementioned Kenji Alt-lopez is really good, and he writes on serious eats. But the absolute bible of science and cooking is a book called “On food and Cooking” by Harold McGee.

It’s not a cookbook, there are no recipes, but it has information about just about anything you could possibly wonder about in food and it’s all from a very scientific perspective. It’s the best reference book for cooking I’ve ever seen and I think used copies can be found for 10-20 bucks online.

For meat, moisture is mostly about how long it cooks for (cooking a long time will make it drier, that’s why for something like a really moist steak it’s cooked very briefly), and how fatty the cut is.

For chicken, it’s easier to keep meat from a fatty cut like the thigh than it is a lean cut like breast; for pork, a tenderloin has to be handled carefully to be kept moist but a belly or shoulder cut is naturally moist from the fat running through it. The nice cuts of steak tend to have a good amount of fat and little connective tissue (like ribeye and porterhouse).

Sorry if I’m rambling, I hope it’s helpful, at least some of the stuff I mentioned is free, but I do want to emphasize that it looks like you’re cooking with a lot of tasty stuff and I do think based on what you’ve said that you will only continue to improve as a cook!

6 Likes

You’ll figure it out. A meat thermometer is essential. I like my chicken and my pork slightly overdone and I like my beef rare. I take a lot of shit for this but it’s the way I like it.

With a thermometer it almost cooks itself.

7 Likes

I like my beef
Well done… wife
Likes hers medium

1 Like

I’m ready for a good meal

Those actually look good

Bacon wrapped filet with a baked potato thingy

13 Likes

Jumped in on the chicken bandwagon. Mine just had a beer up it’s butt while roasting.

16 Likes

That’s the only way to do it wrap that lady in bacon fillet to lean by itself I think

1 Like

Their kinda sketchy :smile: my wife brought them home from work…there’s no burger places near me unless I ride across the city I love Carl’s Jr
But I only get them as a treat
:rofl:

1 Like

Been a member of that site for years. Have never used the forum once though haha. His book is good too, He’s supposedly in the process of writing a second. Another good series of books is the Modernist Cuisine ones. There’s now a set for bread and pizza but I haven’t read either of those because I can’t find any decent downloads and they’re way too expensive :stuck_out_tongue: Ton of good info in the first set though and easy to download online. I might have to revisit them myself to try to absorb more info a second time around.

5 Likes

Wish I could reply with the same passion as you have.

I am.indebted to my.fiance a big meal tomorrow…steaks / potatoes (may try mashed as she loves them -) and hopefully some greens …maybe a baguette with some butter.

Don’t want to mess up the steaks. My favourite are pan fried sirloin or strip caps?
I get the butcher to cut them

Will check back for a mashed.potatoes (garlic maybe)

I’m off to bed my friend

Again. Apologize for not being as *rambling as you !)

Your a great forum member and person I can imagine.

Thanks

4 Likes

Mongolian beef over rice,used Chuck roast was on sale lol sliced thin dipped in some flour with salt and pepper before frying

I love Chuck roast
If you never had a Chuck eye steak you never lived lol better than any ribeye,you can only take 3 steaks off a Chuck roll

13 Likes

Gonna take a butcher’s word on this one. I don’t eat red meat too often, but you’ve given me meat goals. That looks delicious.

1 Like

Falafel

13 Likes

Homemade habanero chili hot sauce! :yum: most of the peppers were grown by me. I did top up a few store bought for the recipe though.

20 Likes

that does look hot as hell …but yummy!

we use to steep Chillies in Oil…

…or in Vodka…for colder days

12 Likes

WOW! :exploding_head:

LOVE your choice of container size, your are a true ‘pepper head’

:laughing: :+1:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Salsa Saturday!

14 Likes

I grew tomatoes last year made loads of sauce salsa and other goodies was to lazy this year to grow them

3 Likes