What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

Something I just put together…bacon, shrimp and chicken thigh meat…delish…It doesn’t look like a lot of gatherings will be happening in the near future because of the holidays. …I have to start concentrating on my winter grows…also had a few cuttings shipped to me yesterday…

Clones through the mail

11 Likes

Just look for an Indian market, they will have everything you need for making great curries.

4 Likes

Psft it’s ten miles to the nearest gas station

Good hour two hours to a city that would carry those ingredients local grocery stores sell the basics !

But I’m deff gonna put forth effort to obtain said ingredients

3 Likes

My version of sliders…

7 Likes

Gallo pinto Rice and black beans. ( Costa Rican breakfast…served with couple of fried soft eggs …served with bread or tortillas. Some also serve with sliced advocate or plantain. Very cheap and nutritious.
And of course lovely coffee

EDIT…About $3-$5

Pura vida

11 Likes

When I lived downtown I had a wicked Indian market with all the fixings. Also cilantro was .99 a bunch instead of this 3.99 bullshit at the grocery.

4 Likes

I’ve wanted to slice many advocates.

Looks very simple and tasty and nice.

5 Likes

What!

I just bought two bunches yesterday for a chilli I made yesterday…9 cents here and I got a 20% discount. (Wedensday is 20% discount on veg)

One thing I can’t eat here …is Mondongo…it’s a favorite here and the rest of Central America…it’s a soup made with tripe and other offal…and I can’t eat it…the smell is enough.

Notice the price of a bottle of Ron Abuello $7.25 at the top.

11 Likes

I know. It’s a sad joke. Grocery chains here are also known to raise their prices in affluent areas because they know people will pay it.

It’s disgusting.

They put it in plastic and pretend it’s made of gold.

Also that rum would be $35 here.

4 Likes

It’s a lovely rum…ye things are cheaper here by far,than the Europe or US.

Was a big factor on me moving here perminent ,
my pension wouldn’t support me well in the Uk, certainly wouldn’t be able to buy so much alcohol LOL

4 Likes

Tripe and other offal…yummy…

6 Likes

Delicious!

11 Likes

@Panamajock

No idea where you are, but check this out for my area. I just thought it was funny…

Your Recept says “Fresco” ( probably the name brand ) and a grocery store in my area called
" Freshco " … Either way you have a great deal at your price :wink:

bd19eefc6041b1ae8dea44a05465ccf80d464a49_2_666x500.jpeg

4 Likes

$1.25 is better Than the $3.99 @Foreigner is paying.

Fresco… Is Spanish for fresh.

4 Likes

I know :wink: just thought they play on words was funny.

2 Likes

@Yetigrows
And he has no choice but to show the power of a photo.
Looks Delicious

1 Like

Prawn pad Thai
Wife is having potluck in work tonight
Can’t have her going empty handed they love
My cooking :rofl:

It’s missing bean sprouts to be real pad Thai we don’t eat them in here lol

14 Likes

Chicken and veggies soup

12 Likes

I love these
Reminds me
Off the old vending machines in the hospital in the 80’s
You could get hot soup coffee hot chocolate lol good times just add water

3 Likes

Back to eating again this week after another fasting session, its been a struggle visiting this thread this week.

So started the breakfast with frozen raspberries, yoghurt and cream, to get the gut bacteria active again.

Then went straight into a mild but beautifully flavoured curry. A vegetable and cashew Shadey special, no recipe, or measurements just through all my fav ingredients and spices in and it came out amazing, shame I probably won’t be able to duplicate it again :confused: but it will be fun trying.

11 Likes