What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

Was a beautiful day today in zone 5B…made some slow roasted pork roast…

FB_IMG_1614824998220

23 Likes

We Call it Calamansi and it’s also known as Calamondin… Got this plant from Home Depot on Wednesday bromigo… My mom had 2 of them in the house when I was a kid.

The tart and sour juice of the Calamondin orange is used much like the juice of a lime. Use Calamondin juice to make beverages (like calamondinaid), marinades for fish and meat, and to flavor cakes. Mix equal parts Calamondin and Kumquat to make an exceptional marmalade.

5 Likes

grilled Lamb Shanks…

…with Potatoe Salat…

…and Drinks…

…yummy…

19 Likes

Aw man these pictures are making my mouth water! I absolutely love lamb. :sheep: I was able to convince my girl’s mother to do lamb every year for Easter instead of ham. Then her new sister in law had to throw a fucking fit and complain “we don’t don’t eat baby animals.” So that was the end of that little tradition. Need to do my own roast!

6 Likes

…it´s just the name,i guess.they are not that tiny when they get the knife, but “Lamb” is selling mucho better than “Sheep”
to be honest,i´d prever older sheep bevor lamb also,just because of the more intensive taste :yum:

6 Likes

Mutton and goat are very good too. I could care less what it’s called, it’s delicious! I like pulled pork and ribs but other than that I’m not a big fan of pork. I kind of go through on and off phases with bacon, have to be in the mood for it, and the very crispy lean kind too. Lamb is totally underrated though. They need to raise more sheep in the US.

2 Likes

I spent a bunch of time in the kitchen this weekend. Yesterday I made edibles: oatmeal chocolate chip and oatmeal butterscotch chip cookies.
For non-edibles I made brie en croute and guacamole, plus adult beverages: black currant margaritas, and dirty martinis.
Today I’m taking a crack at chicken cordon bleu…

10 Likes

More random pics.

Seeds that are supposed to be for this year. I was planning on taking a 2 hour drive to get a ton of slow release fertilizer (plant prod acer-nt) so I can make a giant garden with much less effort and just water but the borders here were recently closed so I can’t for at least a month if not longer. Very annoying.

Big batch of yogurt before a bunch of whey is separated. I can go through a gallon of this stuff in no time.

BBQ chicken leg. 7 hr 45min sous vide from frozen solid at 158f then doused in bbq sauce and thrown in the oven till sauce got sticky.

Some potatoes double fried in beef fat and a turkey thigh. 158f turkey leg sous vide for 24 hours then crisped skin in oven. Gave the drumstick meat to my spoiled dog.

Some brisket and pork shoulder lightly smoked with black cherry wood (I like a bit of smoke flavour but not too strong)

Some cookies and cream ice cream I made. I usually start out with a big batch of creme anglaise and do a couple batches with diff flavours. Throw a bit of strawberry jam to make it strawberry, throw some oreos in for cookies and cream and some cocoa powder or melted choc in for chocolate. It’s super rich though at 24 egg yolks for 2 liters.

14 Likes

Dinner tine…

15 Likes

15 Likes

14 Likes

Jerk Salmon, homemade cole slaw and whole roasted creamer potatoes with Scotch bonnet pepper sauce.

16 Likes

Those Wyoming boys might like that!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I absolutely love salmon! Wild sockeyes and pinks would be prime. I would honestly take fresh caught salmon over steak any day. Need to get out to the Pacific Northwest and catch one once in my life.

2 Likes

If you make it that far, you ought to try King Salmon fishing off the coast of California. Unbelievable fishing when you have a King on.

3 Likes

Oh hell Yeah! Chinooks are pretty wicked, amazing fish indeed.

3 Likes

@Tejas couldn’t agree more, just in chicago here, not california. trips up to Wisconsin are also worthwhile.

3 Likes

You have the Stripers in the Great Lakes too!

4 Likes

i am in the cattle calf growing hobby job. you can not beat a rib eye steak… a little fish. shrimp .crawfisk on top now that good eating with a salad with boiled shrimp in it now that good eating. i am from the south.

5 Likes

I never said Subway was a good sub shop, lol.

I had an awesome sub shop for years when I worked at Nintendo in North Bend. Georgio’s Subs. Claussen pickles, Ivars clam and salmon chowder everyday with my Italian sub. Occasionally I’d do a Chowder bread bowl instead of half a sandwich and bowl of soup. Too bad they went out of business after I left.

5 Likes