What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 1)

He acts like the pickles donā€™t come in a 5 gallon bucket, I think he could of spared a few

Iā€™m the same way with food places tho I prefer to just make it myself, it comes out just as good if not better

2 Likes

Jokes on him though because I imagine a half made cancelled sandwich costs more than a few pickles.

Anyway, not a big deal. Just a funny interaction. I still see the pickle man around town from time to time.

3 Likes

Hey I know that sandwich shop! you are a man of exquisite taste. The italian ice stand across the street is also excellent. (hope itā€™s still there, been a while since I was in town).

Chicago has excellent food, I think itā€™s one of the only cities where cheap food is actually consistently delicious.

When covid started, I remember joking that restaurants in the south side of chicago would probably have no problem with social distancing because they already have those bulletproof plexiglass screens haha.

I remember haroldā€™s chicken was awesome, with that day-glo orange hot sauce.

I forget the name of the barbecue joint I used to go to for ribs, but we donā€™t have anything like it on the west coast.

1 Like

Sopa de pollo y pan Cubano
Chicken soup and Cuban bread.

15 Likes

Looks like some really good soup .

2 Likes

Subway uses shitty pickles. I only buy Clausen pickles when I buy pickles. I was lucky when I was in WA. I had a local sub shop I went to everyday for lunch at work that had Clausen pickles and Ivarā€™s clam or salmon chowder everyday. I never got tired of soup and half an Italian sub.

Thatā€™s one thing I look for in a good sub shop is good pickles. Vlasic are crap if you ask me.
Donā€™t believe the stork.

vlasic

7 Likes

LOL, I would have to agree.

1 Like

I make a pretty decent vegetable beef soup :slight_smile:

15 Likes

The wifeā€™s prepping some chicken enchiladas. Almost time to throw it in the oven. Rice and refried beans on the side. She makes some good enchiladas.

18 Likes

Uhh, why do you live so far away :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh, and she grilled the chicken on our Grill first, lol.

3 Likes

@PhilCuisine have you tried Heroā€™s sub shop on western by lane tech HS? they closed but they had the most amazing sub sandwiches. closed after decades. extremely disappointing.

1 Like

@Foreigner subway can make you violently ill. most of them wont change out their ingredients in time so youā€™re eating borderline expired food. and they donā€™t even care. maybe itā€™s just some of them. their ingredients are cheap shit to begin with.

4 Likes

I was raised extremely catholic. I was forced to give something up every year and go to church at least 3 times a week. I still give up even tho nobody makes me anymore. The last several years Iā€™ve gone vegan. I welcome doing something challenging. As an adult, I give something up for deep personal growth.

4 Likes

Funny man. The only time Iā€™ve ever had food poisoning was at Subway in Truckee, CA once. I ate there all the time, but I ordered an Italian with double meat once, and only once, lol. I never ordered double meat, so it was extra bad timing I did it when they were giving out fucked up meats, lol.

Oh, and whereā€™d the fucking roast beef go Subway? Boooooooo, hahahaha.

1 Like

@PadawanWarrior you have to try some real sub shops. youā€™ll never want subway again

2 Likes

Still there, they open in May 1st. bromigo

Been there tooā€¦I hung out at Lakeview neighborhood for yearsā€¦Did you ever go to Fernandoā€™s? Best Margaritas in town and great food bromigoā€¦

Yes, I give up boozing/smoking for Lent every year nowadaysā€¦when I was young I used to fail but these days I succeed.
Now that Lent is over I can booze/smoke but I still havenā€™t because Iā€™m waiting till 420 day 2021 to start my boozing/smoking againā€¦I still went to bars to socialize and bought drinks for my friends and I just drank pineapple juice. I have a lot of friends waiting for me to start again so they can return the favor and buy me drinks but I could care less about them buying me drinks, thatā€™s why I bought them drinks.
I give up my vices for my personal reasons folksā€¦Itā€™s just meā€¦I have always said throughout my life that you have to control your vices and not to let your vices control you.

9 Likes

Oh yes Subway is some nasty garbage to be sure.

Sometimes you just need 1000 calories immediately and it doesnā€™t matter where it comes from.

The only take out food Iā€™ve had during Covid has been McDonaldā€™s twice (itā€™s next door) and good sushi delivery (a few times)

Mrs Foreigner and I really prefer to cook for ourselves because weā€™re good at it and itā€™ll be better than what we can buy anyway.

The exceptions are dim sum and sushi because those are beyond our skill set.

Fuck I miss dim sum now that Iā€™ve written this.

9 Likes

Whipped these up at work had some leftover cinnamon apples so I made apple stuffed puff pastry :yum: :apple:

10 Likes

Those look very tasty.

For dinner I made chicken and black bean quesadillas with pickled onions and cilantro.

If Iā€™m going to be trapped Iā€™m also going to be fat.

15 Likes