What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

Chicken Bobs, wagyu portobello burger, corn on the cob, beef hot dogs.

14 Likes

Pork jowls tacos…nothing but good eats…

15 Likes

that’s really cool.

7 Likes

stack of pizza. half is Italian beef and garlic while the other half is sausage/mushrooms and onions.

8 Likes

Thanks. We built it last year.

21 Likes

That’s an amazing looking pizza oven you have there @Pleiochasium I’d love to see some of your finished pizzas sometime!

I’m in the planning stage for my own oven, did you do it all yourself?

4 Likes

Really beautiful! :+1:

Is it primarily rubble construction? The only mortar I see seems to be in the arch.

2 Likes

To be clear, I’m not actually eating this. I just wish I was! (The characters on the two cards are Korean.)

7 Likes

i regret not taking pictures of the stuff in this asian supermarket i got the sushi from. whole pigs heads, pig snouts, pig liver, pigs blood. all kinds of crazy shit. i really like the colorful parrot fish though. dead of course.

2 Likes

The exterior is made from landscaping blocks and glue. My father is a stone mason by trade, and was concerned about cracking if using mortar. I didn’t really understand his reasoning to be honest.

The arch and supporting wall of the dome have mortar and the dome is cast refractory cement.

We built it ourselves in about 7 days with no plans, designing it day by day as we built. The counter was still wet when we gave it the first test run of about 30 pizzas.

Here are some pics of the build, and a simple pizza @pharmerfil

29 Likes

That’s really neat man.

4 Likes

17 Likes

All outta likes–but this is damned impressive!!! :+1: :blush: :green_heart:

3 Likes

That is freaking awesome !!!
:fire:

2 Likes

14 Likes

4 hour smoked pork loin. :fire:

14 Likes

… would’ve never considered such an idea lol love it

3 Likes

The part of the construction I’m interested in is supporting structure under the oven.
You have a flat expanse above the wood storage and below the oven base. How did you support that?

The “engineer” never sleeps… :crazy_face:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I wondered that too, @Gpaw. My guess, based on nothing, is a sheet of plate steel.

2 Likes

We used several pieces of angle iron to span the side supports from left to right. On top of this are dry stacked, thin cinder blocks, and then a several inch pad of concrete.

This is a picture from underneath… Probably should’ve painted the metal.

6 Likes