What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 3)

UPDATEā€¦

Yeeahā€¦this lasted about 48 hoursā€¦
Daughter went to store and brought home all kinds of junk foodā€¦
half the fruit went in the trash cuz it went bad before I could use it all.

Trying again!

1 Like

I already knew you were a pro at this-- You use ACTUAL thick-cut bologna, not the wimpy Oscar Meyer typeā€” though THAT is good on fried bologna sandwiches !

2 Likes

@mota. Cherokee purples too.

12 Likes

ā€œHagenā€™s Fish Marketā€ fried shrimp and fries. cocktail sauce for dipping and a couple cherry cokes to finish it off.
@PhilCuisine

11 Likes

Yeah all homemade, first time making lemon and meringue. It turned out really good! :yum:

1 Like

This was my go to when I lived in Oak Parkā€¦hey man back in the way back days there was a fish shack on North Ave. east of Halstead, I think by the riverā€¦sometimes you will see hookers walking around but it was a real small good fish shackā€¦

4 Likes

never had them. iā€™ll have to check it out. i forgot hagens sells jumbo fried shrimp, i only ordered ā€œregularā€. the price of everything these days makes the prices seem reasonable. and i think they have the same prices they did years ago.

1 Like

Do they have fried clams?

2 Likes

@Foreigner
clam strips $4 for 1/4 lb.

5 Likes

Fuckinā€™ a

Better than halibut IMO

3 Likes

@PhilCuisine

open 24/7? i bet they make a killing if theyā€™re near some bars

This by far was the best fish market in the city back in the way back days, too bad they are permanently closedā€¦My parents used to take me here when I was 5yrs. oldā€¦All Chicago restaurant chefs all went here for the freshest fish and seafoodsā€¦

7 Likes

iā€™ve only tried halibut once i think and it wasnā€™t memorable. i used to stop in seafood shops while fishing in Kenosha Wisconsin and remember eating white fish with crackers. fond memories i guess.

1 Like

I like halibut but I really like fried clams.

3 Likes

Aw man, Iā€™m dyinā€™ hereā€¦

This is a volunteer. Iā€™m guessing a cherry tomato because itā€™s turning red when it so small. I didnā€™t think any of them would ripen. Enough for a tiny salad or sandwich. lol (1)

I think I may also chop one of my weed plants tomorrow. Iā€™ll post a picture on my thread. Itā€™s turned somewhat amber. I might get a small bowl. ROFLMAO

8 Likes

Nothing but surf tonight, a lot of folks donā€™t like whole squid, they would rather eat calamari rings but not Iā€¦I love eating whole squidsā€¦

9 Likes

Dangggggh.

:drooling_face:

:fire:

Iā€™m not a big fan of Italian pasta dishes or Italian food in general. I do, however, like to try things I havenā€™t liked in the past, just to see if perhaps my taste, for whatever reason, may have changed. It has happened. Tonight I suggested we order Italian. Mrs. mota loves this restaurant.

We got the medium antipasti platter to share. Three cheeses, three meats, fruit, almonds and toast. It was okay. For me, the best parts were the toast, strawberry and grapes. The prosciutto was good although I prefer it wrapped around other food items rather than alone. The little buckets are honey and mustard.

For our mains, Mrs. mota had the fagotini ricotta e spinaci (left) and I had the agnolotti (right).

I managed to eat the lionā€™s share of mine. Mrs. mota will have my leftovers for breakfast.

8 Likes

I dunno yet but I would like to eat somethingā€¦

2 Likes

This mornings breakfast, didnā€™t make but I ate itā€¦great meal to start the dayā€¦

10 Likes