What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

Anyone ever try smoking salt? We did pink Himalayan at that. Turned out to be like seasoning. I’m sure we could sell it the vegans. This shit is so damn good. Insane. The smoked sugar was good as well, I have it on toast often. Crackers, well don’t get me started lmao holy hell if you let them sit for a week or two. They are down right done for. Give it a week… :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

4 Likes

I like throwing in a mix of mesquite, oak, and a little pinion and hickory

2 Likes

pecan is great too! apple and alder for lighter meats imo

3 Likes

Where it says take the pop over pan out the oven and work quickly is very important, it doesn’t say when to take the pan out the oven. The pan is ready for the batter when the oil is smoking hot, so the batter gets frying the moment it goes in the pop over pan and hit the oil, if it’s not smoking your yorshire puds will go flat and soggy.

1 Like

I dunno about smoking salt but the best salt I’ve ever had could even be described as “dirty.” Evaporated ocean water in Guatemala. Not the most attractive but it had a wonderful full flavour missing from most commercial salt.

1 Like

If you ever get the chance try it. Turns salt into a really awesome spice …

Thanks for the pointer man.

1 Like

I used smoked salt when I recreated the big tasty sauce at home, smoked salt is awesome.

1 Like

Yes I agree. Good stuff

Fleur du sel without the fancy label.

2 Likes

My wife and kids want to BBQ later, I think I will prepare something with “rauchsalz”. If I don’t forget I’ll take a Pic or two for the thread.

My oldest sons favorite salt is garlic salt, he goes through that shit like truffle pig through the dirt lol

4 Likes

You should rent him out during the season :joy:

3 Likes

Actually a good idea, he has so much energy :smile:

2 Likes

We do deer, elk, bear, bass, trout, salmon. Beef, and a ton of others… we use lots of different types. It all turns out really good.

2 Likes

That was fucking hilarious :joy:

1 Like

I can relate to this.

Currently myself:

Yup, straight out tha carton, dgaf!
Hey, then I ain’t gotta wash a bowl. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Certainly how it’s done here. It takes me three days to kill one of these bad boys, and like @blowdout2269 says, nary a dirty bowl to be seen! :+1: :yum: (I guess I can deal with a dirty wall. HA!)

10 Likes

I hadn’t had such ice cream for a long time :thinking:

1 Like

now i want ice cream! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Lastnights meal was eggs chips and beans.

14 Likes