What is the highest % THC possible? 🔬

Who cares, THC is just one Cannabinoid out of 110 discovered. How about the other substances as terpenes, sugars, and plant hormones?

This Plant is not just a Goldmine of Substances.
I think in the next years it will be a commodity like Coffee to set a Benchmark.

Much to discover besides THC. And we will.

2 Likes

I have been mostly a little disappointed with the purportedly “high THC” strains I have grown over the last few years.
They largely failed to meet my expectations.
The perception of what constitutes superior flowers is highly subjective and varied.

Bottom line for me is that “the proof is in the puff”.

5 Likes

True that. I got the Y-Griega which is loaded with THC medical seeds claim 30% gave it 2 runs and the results were disappointing so I culled it. The high is not only THC but a mixture of all the chemicals in the flower.

2 Likes

I just harvested a 2 oz tricome that was 99% thc :smile: not really but I am getting ready to order some thc home test kits to see how they work.

I also agree that it is the combination of the all the factors of the bud more than just a thc %

4 Likes

yes i think i may have already stated so in this thread, but i had 27% lab tested bud which paled in comparison to some 17% bud. it was also sativa and indica (SLH and pre98 bubba) respectively so i guess comparing oranges to apples.

i’ve also read a few reports about shady testing practices and lack of consistency at these US labs, or some growers will shop around labs until they get the result they want.

‘proof is in the puff’ i like that, it’s definitely truth. i don’t even think they’ve begun to scratch the surface on cannibinoids and their effects/interactions. it’s an exciting time for cannabis research. they really need to reschedule in the states…

7 Likes

I will test some of mota rebel strain called romberry, a friend of mine got his hands on some and he did more of those beans im looking forward to add them in my strain hunt

just so were not promoting the copycat over the original

3 Likes

Salutations LegalCanada,

Indeed and i feel this may replenish my hopes:

[ www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/understanding-marijuana-thc-cbd-levels ]
Leafly: How to Help Consumers Understand the Amount of THC and CBD in Their Cannabis (2017-Nov-29)

Personally i’ve started to dream of 2:1 THC-to-CBD ratio evaluations.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

7 Likes

Very interesting, I remember durban and kali mist being two of my favourite strains late 90´s/early2000 but now i have bin told that they both are weak compared to todays sativas and that it was probably because i had no tolerance back then. That actually kept me away from growing durban…Do you know if there is any seedbank/breeder that has “good” durban seeds?

1 Like

I believe @Baudelaire offers some crosses with Durban.

Also, @Viva_Mexico has some interesting experience with variability of THC with change in UV (altitude - mountain versus sea level).

I wonder if there has been any change in the plant, or just where we are getting our genetics from??

1 Like

Wow 56%! That the highest I heard from a flower, I wonder if it was also high on cbd…

That mota rebel durban is also high in cbd.

1 Like

His Durban Thai x C99 is a keeper in my garden.

2 Likes

Have ya posted pics from that 80’s Positronic’s Durban Poison?
Salud.

2 Likes

Btw, the Apollo11 mother crossed with Smooth Smoke by Tropical Seeds in order to obtain its new strain Orión (grow diary n pics inna The Dogs’ House) was originaly selected n gifted to Tropical Seeds by Motarebel…

Ya can find Durban Poison’70 n South African Ciskei Highlands, (n a cross between these two S.A. landraces called Durban Punch that is knowed by several OG friends) in Tropical Seeds Company. They have Swaziland landraces too…

CannaBioGen has their own Durban too… N Leshaze (Leshoto landrace X SkunkHaze)…

1 Like

I am questioning these THC ratings… I recently smoked some bud that was a tested 27% and to me it was extremely mild…Anyways there is no way any bud is 50% THC… maybe out of the canabanoids present 50% are THC …but no way is the bud 50% THC by weight,… If we had 10 grams of bud we wouldn’t be able to extract 5 grams of pure THC crystal, So in the end these THC ratings are very misleading as to what they actually mean.

3 Likes

I am a human thc tester, anyone needing their smoke tested shoot me a p.m

10 Likes

yup i think its the entourage effect? the combination of other cannabinoids in addition to THC is what provides the stone. 15% bud was one of the most potent flowers i’ve smoked! theres hundreds of cannabinoids they still know nothing about, isnt there?

3 Likes

I BELIEVE SHE CAN BE SEEN IN THE OVERGROWN WATER CULTURE THREAD FROM MEMORY

IF IT IS THERE IT HAS A PEDESTAL FAN BEHIND HER STOOD ON TOP OF A 3500 M3 BOX FAN

If the pic is not there I have them somewhere on a external storage drive:wink:

@Viva_Mexico I’d love read anything you have on this topic if any