Best strains to breed with SA Kwazulu - Besides Durban

Good morning fellow growers. :coffee: i hope everyone’s in good health and spirits

The title is pretty self explanatory and I am looking for good strain suggestions to breed with simi-tall, tight node dark thin leafed sativa from South Africa that doesnt mind heavy feeds.

All suggestions will be taken seriously and I will do research to decide the best option. My research can take up to a week or more to conclude so have a bit of patience and I’ll let everyone know what I decide to go with based on your knowledge.

So let me know what you think and have some fun by using your imgination to help create something new unique and useful.

7 Likes

there was another strain from Kwa zulu besides durban? I am asking because Kwa zulu is where durban is from

2 Likes

I think the durban has a more of a Hindu lineage, so let’s stay away from the Himalayas. But again I will seriously consider every suggestion made…

1 Like

I spent 11 years there everything from that area was same: thin budded sativa that the women would (first slap their hand under their armpit to gather sweat then roll it to a thin pencil bit like a thai stick minus the stick) and then pack it in paper roll.

4 Likes

they wouldn’t bother doing that if the buds were nice and tight i think

2 Likes

So with that in mind. I curiously must ask what do you smoke during your 11 years in South Africa or what did you find was the best quality ( Non imported of course just SA heirloom or landrace varieties. )

2 Likes

durban or malawi were best some of the swazi stuff could also be potent

2 Likes

Well thats nice to know at least.

1 Like

there is a thread we discussed this in earlier this week

6 Likes

Mind you we are talking about 1986-1991 before the duch strains ruined the landraces

1 Like

I like the structure on these and i would prefer them not to stretch anymore then they already will these have a medium amount of branching. That tight node structure can be useful bred into very wide node phenos.

1 Like

there is also Pondoland which was known as Transkei weed back then. it was the basic weed that was always available but never really preferred

1 Like

Ive heard of it but don’t know much about it besides that it is a African varietal.

This is the lankier of the two. But thinner leafs, branching is a bit better. And more cold resistance.

8 Likes

Some Thai is the classic answer, in that vein, I’d think about Golden tiger (Thai/ Malawi).
Another option might be Bangi Haze (Congolese/Nepalese hybrid).

Lots of options, have a look at Ace seeds and see if anything sparks an interest.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Thanks Gpaw, I have a super malawi haze mutant female that slowly growing out but I dont really want to make fem seed if it can be helped.

1 Like

Lol i misunderstood the OP question because i didn’t know what kwa zulu strain was because i’ve never seen buds like that in that area ever

1 Like

i mean Southafrican Kwazulu (World of Seeds Bank) :: Cannabis Strain Info

1 Like

Yeah, thats what I’m growing.

i just assumed everything from that area was durban poison or swazi

1 Like