Cannabis strains with a ceilingless high

I used to run a variety for a couple of years when I was actively growing that wasn’t the prettiest strain but it had a great high. Was a very happy manic laughter inducing high but what I remember most was how you never built up a tolerance to it.

The manic laughter part would only be present for the first couple of weeks after a fresh harvest and then it would become more sedative as it cured but it was one of those varieties that you’d have too eventually say “I’ve had enough too”, because the high just kept on going the more you smoked and you never really built up a tolerance to it. I lost the line ages ago but I’d like to find other varieties that have something similar to offer, they don’t need to be the strongest or most powerful strains but I do believe these types have something very special to offer for breeding especially with tolerance limits.

Alot of the kush varieties are great but only for a short period, it’s ok if you keep changing them around but they all seem to come to the same end were they don’t do much.

10 Likes

would love a real fire strain with paranoia and munchies that had no ceiling

5 Likes

I should add it was a happy/paranoia inducing type high😅 where you’d actually have to egg your friend on to get out of the car and go into shop while everyone was laughing themselves silly!! So definitely there with you on the manageable paranoia as it adds to the electric type atmosphere of the high

3 Likes

i think paranoia was a part of really good buzzes.

6 Likes

In my experience og, sour, and chem dominant lines are reliable in this regard. Tk has been getting a lot of attention over the past few years from breeders who prioritize effect. Old hash plant varietals as well deserve a look.

Real haze plants that haven’t been watered down, that’s a a whole 'nother road to go down & I don’t really know where to get those genetics…

2 Likes

Triangle kush seems to be a very good combination plant to use as the prodgany seems to get alot of attention, I think it’s a pheno from the 88g13hp line which seems to have the same stories of good children when used😅 trying to also understand the haze lineage but it seems to be a bit more complicated than the kush side.

Anyone familiar bubblelicious from nirvana? That’s the only thing I have to work off from the guy I got the seeds from, again I’m not looking for the most potent but just the resistance to THC build up.

1 Like

I would have to look at lab tests lol, thca doesn’t work for me,doesn’t turn to thc, my body,age don’t know why.
so i need real delta 9 thc the psychoactive agent , most of whats out there has almost no real thc.

3 Likes

Thats pretty much how I feel, I try and change up what I was getting from my dealers all the time but over the last year I’ve managed to create such a high thc resistance for myself that no matter what I smoked it would normalise after a day or two, I don’t want to believe that I’ve basically THC pickled myself :sweat_smile:

AFAIK if you cure long enough, thca will actually convert into thc with age.

4 Likes

i have read about curing both ways it does convert and it doesn’t convert, the doesn’t argument won, because it said you need heat to convert, but i dont know? just what i read, do know if i find a strain that has real thc in it its like im a kid again. and have had high thc total(which was all thca) that dont do much of anything ever, cookies is a real good example for me never even felt a thing maybe a dz different samples from different growers and dispos

2 Likes

i continuously cure my stuff until its gone, one lasted 6 months.

5 Likes

i am paying attention to this thread, i have much to gain lol, thanks Lefty and any others who responded or respond to mny posts!

4 Likes

During that time in my life I was growing as a living, tried many a strain but that was one that shined through as it had very good growth but the high was a step far above all the strains I had tried from imported euro seeds, my scope is very limited as I was looking for strains with larger yeild and shorter flowering times.

I’ve read many a similar thread to this and there are very few that get mentioned regularly. DJ shorts flo is one of them, Vietnamese, Cambodian and Laos genetics too, the rest has been just a mash of more normal suggestions like White widow and Jack herer.

as a side note jock horror from around the 2005 batch had a special pheno in it that also had no bounds as far as tolerance and high were concerned but no one seemed to keep a cut😅

2 Likes

My speculation is that thc:cbd ratio might be a better indicator than thc %. However if you grow polyhybrids from seeds, then you probably can find ratios that are all across the spectrum. So you might have to hunt to find one with a high ceiling. Other cannabinoids may be important too though.

The reason I think ratio is more important is that you can always smoke more to get more thc in your system, but if there’s also a lot of cbd, it will be saturating your receptors and blocking psychoactive compounds from being absorbed. If you have a high ratio of psychoactive:non-psychoactive, then in theory it should have a higher ceiling.

7 Likes

Agreed as I had a recent past experience with a very large batch of high CBD edibles and they compounded the THC tolerance issues for me.

I’m hoping by moving more towards sativa varieties and limiting my exposure to kush and higher cdb strains that the saturation will decrease and my highs will get a longer life span.

could very well be, but so far two strains have actually gotten me a small buzz, most of what i tried was grown by others dispos caregivers even know a head grower for a big outfit, nada, zero zip zilch, i think its why people react differently to even the same pot, there bodies ability or inability to metabalize thca.

In the old days everything got me high(60’s & 70’s),some high as hell and tripping, but there was always Psychosis?
paranoia minor halucinations , never any of that any more, so its me or the pot is diff, and when i look and see no thc in a lab test for that strain ,it wont matter how much i smoke,unless i can metabolize the thca

1 Like

I don’t think you have to metabolize it though, because when you smoke it, the fire will decarb it. You could try a test. Bake a nug in your oven for half an hour at 250F and then smoke it. Most of the thca should be converted to thc.

4 Likes

cooking thca works for me yes, the joint doesn’t seem to do it, have also tryed preheating the joint with the lighter…

2 Likes

For me the good stuff hit you in waves similar to a light version of Dr Hoffman’s papers :grin: that manic laughter was what set it apart and that stuff I was growing was like a second rejuvenation for me. I am pretty sure it had been crossed with our local stuff, possibly Swazi. It just had the legs to keep going and going, never had it before or after that period.

3 Likes

cant say for sure but the bong seems to do better even then a joint, but i am a old doobie guy

3 Likes