Please help me identify this pest (solved)

Hello guys, please help me identify this scumbag who has settled in an acquaintance in the dirt.

4 Likes

That looks like a springtail. The leaf issues are not related to the springtails.
Springtails

7 Likes

I’m gonna go with odd non threatening bug… and bird shit.

Never seen that pest before… the bug looks like some sort of beetle. I would say non-threatening too. Just a guess though.
The white leaf looks unrelated. Looks like you have calcium in your water and you got a drop on that leaf? Some kind of dried up salty residue…

1 Like

Looks similar to a ground beetle but hard to tell for sure with that pic.

lol…bird shit on a plant that’s being grown indoors? Ummmm…no.

2 Likes

First leaf shot, the longest leaf took mechanical damage from the edge of the pot (got pinched). The shorter one with the hole is more worrisome, but the tip looks like ‘pinching’ again.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

What @Gpaw said for the leaves.

That looks like some kind of beetle to me. Time for the DE IMO. How long was its total length? Looks too big to be a springtail, but size can be deceiving in a picture without reference.

1 Like

Looks like a click beetle to me. Not sure if they like munching on cannabis leaves.

2 Likes

Click Beetles:

Adults, if they eat at all, eat plant materials, including nectar, plant juices, foliage, and other plant materials. The larvae must grow, however, and they eat different foods depending on species. Some eat decaying materials in rotting logs or in soil. Some, living in soil, eat seeds, sprouts, and roots of plants. Some eat the larvae of other beetles, such as the grubs of longhorned beetles that inhabit rotting wood.

Copied from Missouri conservation website

5 Likes

Collembola families (springtails) come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Some look like click beetles.
:wink:

3 Likes

I couldn’t think of the name yesterday. I was thinking the same thing. Click beetle.

1 Like

I grow outdoors only but start indoors its real simple to get rid of a lot of problems . With this it works wonders if you can follow simple instructions to the letter . No stink no taste good right up to harvest I don’t no the science but have had excellent results . Good Luck https://www.doctorzymes.com/

2 Likes