What Other Plants Do You Have?

It’ll grow back bigger and better! It just takes a long time. Kind of like waiting for the sun to come out. :crazy_face:

I hope you’re staying dry!

2 Likes

Oh that’s really interesting… and informative.

Ye I will do that, I got a old guy here who comes once a fortnight to help me with the garden… He be here on Saturday and I’m sure he will advice me you are correct.

Thanks

1 Like

Hola.

So how long do you think it will be till it can be chopped…Ie. Mature?

And do you hang it for a certain time…before you can eat it.

TIA

1 Like

I’m pretty sure once you harvest the fruit it can come down and mature cut banana should ripen like any others

2 Likes

At the end of the road here in Chiriqui close to the Amistad national Park ( shared by Panama &costa rica is Finca Dracula…

I visited it last Sunday and was blown away with the amount of Orchids a wee tad expensive but incredible plants.

This Monkey orchid blew my mind…incredible.especially as I was pretty stoned on the visit.

7 Likes

Garden party: 36 hours of flowers, please join and share if @SEMOActivist chooses you as the winner… Large OverGrow Sticker shipped direct from Red Bubble.

1 Like

7 Likes

Beautiful flower!! Is that a sumac?

3 Likes

@Perro yes it is :slightly_smiling_face: I love it in fattoush, tastes great.

Here is a pic of one I took a few weeks ago

8 Likes

Very cool @Oldtimerunderground is that the same tree putting off different looking flowers like that?

I’ve never had fattoush before. I had to look it up. Sounds delish :smiley:

Also I love sumacs in the fall - INSANE colors on those leaves!! :rainbow:

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: I think they’re cool too. If only ditch weed Cannabis could grow buds like them :rofl:

I think it’s a different kind of sumac cause the yellow flowers all withered away on those ones, but the red ones are coming in nicely.

:exploding_head: lol, it’s soooo good :drooling_face: easy to make too.

3 Likes

peach scotch bonnet

6 Likes

I’m big into butterfly gardening, and have had some gorgeous gardens over the years. I love anything that attracts butterflies and has fragrant blooms.

I also like to grow fruit, in fact I used to have an orchard in my backyard! Unfortunately my health has been rather poor, and I have had to put everything on hiatus. (We’re in a severe drought, too, and I lost a lot of my established plants. Couldn’t get out to take care of anything.)

Hopefully some of this will upload properly, I’m having difficulty with the site on my phone. Some Mara des Bois strawberries I grew, plus some tiny alpine strawberries.

10 Likes

Gardening is fun ,) Thanks for sharing. I love seeing peoples garden’s.

3 Likes

My garden of choice is a tomato garden. All different types :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think you’ll find many of us are into gardening :+1:

4 Likes

I love growing my own vegetables…

3 Likes

I was given a coca plant as a house warming gift :astonished:

2 Likes

so many! About 20 fig trees. Christmas cactus. Pink princess philodendron. Monstera deliciosa, monstera adanosaii, peace lily, snake plant, string of turtles, various cacti, a few varities of jaboticaba, pitangatuba

1 Like

I have a 1/2 acre market garden that grows a little bit of everything threw out the year. I’m adding 2000 square feet of pumpkins this coming season :grin:

2 Likes