What parts of growing do you love/hate the most?

I find virtually every aspect of gardening pleasurable (and not only cannabis). Some activities give me more pleasure than others…but all are joyful.
I love starting seeds of many different types of plants. I especially enjoy growing out types of plants that I have never before germinated and nurtured to maturity.

4 Likes

I use to think id would love trimming, thaught it would be a cool job. Now i get it…

Also, since i run a perpetual, getting up at a certain time of day/and be there at night every day for just a few minutes of work can be a pain

3 Likes

I’m amazed that there are not 50 replies all saying that harvest/trimming is the part they hate the most. :wink: The boredom during trimming is the worst. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@corners, I’ve been growing perpetual for the entire 17 years I’ve been growing. When my sleeping habits change, I change the Flowering timer to match.

3 Likes

Growing was always my favorite part. I like everything about it including trimming.

I do hate the borg with a passion.

4 Likes

the thing that kills me the most about this life is all the lying…Lying to practically everyone, not being able to show or tell anyone really, having to keep everything on the down-low and hush-hush… even in the grey market…

7 Likes

yeah i dont really mind trimming i just watch TV or listen to an audio book and only do a couple hours a day… took me 1-2 weeks to do maybe 20oz…

never dealt with the borg but i def. hate thrips

4 Likes

Oh shit, I change my answer to thrips too.

2 Likes
  1. PROHIBITION/possibility of incarceration/needing lawyer
  2. THIEVES (mostly because of number 1 above)
  3. OBSESSION :clock1: :clock1030: :clock10: :sleeping:

overgrow

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

OMG!!! How could I have skipped that one?!? :confounded: A few months without the flyin’ fuckers and I totally wiped them from memory!

I don’t want to say it out loud, ssshhhh. I haven’t seen a single thrip indoors yet this season. I saw a (now decesed) gnat upstairs a few weeks ago and that is it on flyin’ fuckers so far. Ssshhhh.

Btw @legalcanada, I like the new avatar.

5 Likes

Trimming and defoliating!
I find it therapeutic.

2 Likes

Yes @Cobra50 good call on both @legalcanada thrip comment and user pic. Spot on.

Adding:
Powdery mildew, late in the game, is stupid.
:scorpion:

4 Likes

Yeah, my bad. I will change my answer to root aphids.

3 Likes

I will germ and get them all up to two weeks for you guys than you all can grow them.
I hate everything that can go wrong with them and it does.

So far 100% germination and only lost one seedling. :punch: on wood

7 Likes

I usually have a decent germ rat but the plant is just boring at first.
It’s all focused on rooting bleh…
Tomorrow I throw the switch and BOOOOM!!! my cab will smell like a monster truck rally in a slaughterhouse lol.

5 Likes

yhose are some fuuuunky terps i’m picturing… fuel :fuelpump:, exhaust :articulated_lorry:, soil :wastebasket:, meat :meat_on_bone:, sweat :cold_sweat:.

does that spell daaaaaaaaaank?

hehe :slight_smile:
:evergreen_tree:

1 Like