What ph testers are people using?

i just got one of these. Did yours come dry? can i use the 7.0 ph buffer solution as storage solution for now?

$20 Facebook sales came with a load of ph up and down glass beaker

Works a treat I do calibrate it once a week

Facebook sales have some good bargains if you keep an eye out

I have a fancy one but mostly I just use this:

3 Likes

Old reliable here

This one does the trick for me

1 Like

Pee colored! That’s my sweet spot.
No pens or run off testing

A really cheap yellow one with ATM on the front, it came with calibration powder and I’ve only just changed the batteries after a years use.
I dont have to keep it moist like others though.

Got one of these but I don’t know how to use it plus I’m colour blind :rofl: I’m safer with a meter

My $20 ph meter is still working great

1 Like

It took getting used to. I need to do it on the same shelf under the same lighting for it to be consistent.

Slightly ill green pee :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve been using one of those cheap vivosun black and yellow ones that come with a PPM reader when I was checking my ph it wasn’t exact down to a perfect tee but it worked.I moved over to a TLO soil set up and now I just use 7.0 RO water from my aqua buddie.I jut worry about feeding my soil now which I do a too dress every 3 months.All I do inbetween is just water the damn thing.

I also only use mostly the drops. Reliable and plenty accurate enough for my needs.
I use ProMix with a little additional dolomite lime mixed in.
I buy the drops for aquarium use, they seem to be a little cheaper than the ones marketed
specifically for growing.

2 Likes

Hanna Instruments are really tough and reliable. My friend is a geologist and hydrologist and he contracts some work out to me and we also work together sometimes. He uses the black one but they make cheaper versions.

1 Like