What’s my problem with this yellowing

Developing a strong root system is possibly the most important thing early, so if you avoid drowning them, the roots will stretch out in all directions seeking water from every corner. If they get watered too much, even if they aren’t rotting or getting those sorts of issues they have no need to expand.
Slightly under watered and droopy for a day is no big deal, don’t get worried they need water all the time. Don’t make a habit of it, but after it happens once you’ll probably find out they are fine for a number of days.
Giving the basics, and then staying out of the plant’s way and letting it do its thing is all you need to do. It is easier than you think haha .

4 Likes

Gonzo you said 1 drop per gallon on this stuff? The label says 3 drops to 100gallons to clean your pounds up…. This isn’t overkill or unsafe ?

2 Likes

Just add the smallest drop you can to whatever watering can you are using.

You can do 1 drop to 5g or 10gal. I just use a 1 gallon container, so I always add one drop.

Yes, according to everyone/everything I’ve researched its perfectly safe. It’s basically the only way to prevent fungus gnats long term I’ve found.

2 Likes

Great advice for the lad…good man!

1 Like

Get so nervous putting it into smoke when it says 1 drop to 100g lol. I’ll try it I guess

1 Like

Ladies have taken off. The yellow one, the mutant blueberry. They’re all doing well! Surprised they made such a great comeback. I actually look like I know what I’m doing.

Getting hard to water though as so many lower leaves I got to lift to get the water below leaves.

Also 14 3g in a 4x4 is getting crammed. Especially hard to water in there since I can only open front side of tent due to positioning.

I may take 7-8 out and plop them into my 5x5 tent to give everything more room and make watering easier

3 Likes

yeah these members helping you and letting you know your not on your own has helped you…you seem to be calming your approach to how your doing things and flowers now are responding because you care…stay gentle…watch the flowers intently every day and watch as many other established growers and members as you can…find your formula which now I think you’re settling into,and you’ll reach for the stars young man…members here though have done you ok…ppl want to help…just blessed you getting the correct help you needed.!

2 Likes

Need to decide what kind of seeds to buy next! Any recommendations?

your best bet is flying onto these auctions and trying to win prizes from these lovely care givers…don’t put your hand in your pocket…trust og and when you see an auction you like the look of research the strain…see if it appeals .then add your name to the wiki lists of some of these guys and win it…you’ll find a pathway better informed without emptying your pockets…doug Dawson and getting on his wiki list if you’re not already…there’s loads of guys willing to give you a shot at something.!!!

1 Like

So confused? Auctions? How can I bid? :man_shrugging: I’d say sorry I’m a noob but you all know that at this point :rofl:

1 Like

the wiki auctions here where you can add your name to a care givers list and then be available if you enter wiki details to win the prizes they offer…you might not have member status yet i don’t know…someone will be along to show you dude…I’m barely able to navigate them wiki comps as I seem to make mistakes and tbf I just watch them…lolol…but don’t buy seeds…plot around here a while and look through the auction posts with ppl offering seeds and jump in there and say hello…I’ve been here weeks and got flooded from just 2 caregivers…lololol

I’ll ‘ditto’ what @Gonzo said, just a drop in whatever sized watering vessel you used. It’s the same stuff that is in the Mosquito Dunks/Bits, bacillus thuringiensis (sp?), which is a bacteria that feeds on the gnats in larva stage. It’s not a systemic pesticide or chemical at all, you’re just adding a lot more microbial count than is necessary, not a big deal.

Incidentally, I used to swear by the Mosquito Bits, but this is waaaay more effective and cheaper in the long run.

3 Likes

Yup! Way cheaper, easier to use, no mess to clean up. It really is the most effective treatment too, far as I can tell. I do like those “T” drops too but pretty sure its the exact same bacteria.

P.s. @Animosity just trim those bottom leaves off that get in the way of watering. It’ll make your life easier. As to seeds, let me know what you’re looking to grow.

I can just send you some for free :+1:

4 Likes

Safe to trim lower ones and not damage plant? I don’t want to shock them but sure as hell pain to water. I ahve to lift up 2-3 layers of leaves. Do I cut off as close to stalk as possible w a razor?

1 Like

In your last pics the first nodes are barely walking in the ground ^^ Plants are enough developed to give them this space, and this node is not specifically important for their further development, even if you plan to FIM them.

Apply alcohol on a clean blade, cut at 45° enough far from the trunk (the remaining will dry sanely and act as “firewall” for eventual funk) and all will be fine.

1 Like

Perfect I’ll cut them off tomorrow! Check out my new photos in my other thread. You all helped me so much!

1 Like

Honestly it’s pretty much decent for three weeks, and now considering the general shape things will become more streamlined imho.

Just wanted to add to what others have said: while most growers want to keep plants low, there is such a thing as too short and stocky. A plant that doesn’t stretch enough will produce tight bunchy buds that can hold too much moisture and create fungus/mildew problems. Ideally you want a plant that stretches enough, but not so much that you run out of room. Learned this the hard way.

1 Like

Fungus gnats all gone? & how is the plant you trimmed doing bud :+1:

Still see one every so often! Seems to be well though. One is prob 3 weeks or so out. Exciting stuff.

4 Likes