What's growing in your yard?

It rained here today… we really cherish rain in the desert! Everything looks good after slow soaking rain.

New growth on this rose.

A ccouple of Burros Tail with some Red Apple succulent ground cover.

Honeybee visiting a flower after the rain.

7 Likes

Star burst Clerodendrum quadriloculare I have one in full bloom right now, will put up a pic tomorrow.

6 Likes

Frangipanis doing well atm![IMG_8350|480x480](upload://![image|480x480](upload://wMZhbgHGDh4hH4PEiUtzIMG_8351 IMG_8342 xtFa4ND.jpeg) )

9 Likes

Those are beautiful, sorry no starburst… butt, I brought these instead.

All bromeliads.

9 Likes

Awesome pics all!! The lillies are my favourite. Heres a few from last yr.

9 Likes

Very nice! Too dry for Bromeliads here, nice to see !

2 Likes

Roses? Oh Mrs. Helios loves roses. We really liked the Lincoln rose bush, great work gardener. We have a mister Lincoln too, no blooms yet. It’s 10 degrees above average and getting hotter.

6 Likes

Any chilly fans?IMG_8379 IMG_8378 IMG_8377

9 Likes

If you are able to germinate pepper seeds easily, then cannabis seeds should be a breeze!

2 Likes

Chilli test , all spicey to hot ,red cayenne # 1 easily!IMG_8381 (2)

5 Likes

Nice! I like the spice of life too. Those look fabulous!

6 Likes

Technically it is growing in my yard, mostly on my 20 year old Jurassic fern.

4 Likes

I will have to take some pics tomorrow since it’s dark and rainy now.

I have some 20+ year old rose bushes that are pretty nice.

Garlic, beefsteak and San marzano tomato’s, Anaheim chilli, bell peppers, strawberries, lettuce, and a lemon tree.

Pics tomorrow.

3 Likes

This is a very rare flower that I’m guessing about 99.9 percent of people in the world have never seen… I made it happen with light manipulation, twice.

7 Likes

Nice looking plants! Are your jalapenos hot or just spicey ?

2 Likes

I’ll bet you’re right on that estimation. That is a rare flower to see.

3 Likes

They have a hard hot strike and then it turns to spicy. Mrs. Helio’s is making her special fire ball Brussel sprouts with just one of those jalapeños for Sunday dinner, I’ll snap a pic and put it in what stoners eat.

3 Likes

Those Marigolds are pretty. I also like the way they smell, but there’s a lot of insects that don’t like them. Marigolds repel aphids, mosquitos and whiteflies.

3 Likes

Mr. Lincoln’s first bloom

3 Likes

Mister Lincoln is one or the better red roses… I think I can smell it from here!

1 Like